Introduce yourself to the world. Share links to your website, pictures of your rig, etc.
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
This is likely an odd request, but my subject line says it all. I'm wondering if there's anyone local to me with experience recording and mixing with this, and who would be willing to teach me and my kids? Obviously not for free.
Thanks,
Todd

Studio One 2 Pro
HP Z420 - Xeon E5-1650V2 16gb RAM
Windows 10
Saffire Pro 40, Equator Audio Monitors
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:36 pm
One of our members does remote sessions that are very helpful.

http://homestudiotrainer.com/

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by toddwerner on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:23 pm
Thanks. I'm on conference calls and online training sessions all the time for work, and it is never the same as having a teacher/tutor with you. It is, obviously, more cost effective, so if there isn't anyone nearby who wants to earn a few bucks teaching me and the munchkins, I'll look into that.

I'm not in a huge rush. I still have to solder the 12 or so mic lines into the connection board I built by the desk, with the boundary mics I guess it's 14 or 16 XLR connections and 4 TRS's. Also have to punch down a second ethernet line, connect the 2 mic lines that go down to the piano room, add shelves and hooks for the mic and instrument wires, mics, music books, and some of the smaller instruments. I'm having a ton of fun just building this room for my kids and friends :) Learning to use it's capabilities will be icing on the cake!

Studio One 2 Pro
Windows 10
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:25 pm
Good luck with everything. Don't hesitate to come to the forums with questions either. Its what we do here.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Skip Jones on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:30 pm
I agree with Matt regarding remote sessions with Johnny Geib (Home Studio Trainer). He has a way of making things easy to understand. +1+1+1

And, welcome to the PreSonus Forums!

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by johnnygeib2 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:46 pm
toddwerner wroteThanks. I'm on conference calls and online training sessions all the time for work, and it is never the same as having a teacher/tutor with you. It is, obviously, more cost effective, so if there isn't anyone nearby who wants to earn a few bucks teaching me and the munchkins, I'll look into that.

I'm not in a huge rush. I still have to solder the 12 or so mic lines into the connection board I built by the desk, with the boundary mics I guess it's 14 or 16 XLR connections and 4 TRS's. Also have to punch down a second ethernet line, connect the 2 mic lines that go down to the piano room, add shelves and hooks for the mic and instrument wires, mics, music books, and some of the smaller instruments. I'm having a ton of fun just building this room for my kids and friends :) Learning to use it's capabilities will be icing on the cake!

Well then you've never trained with me....lol. I would be happy to offer a free hour so you can see how I do the training. Feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

by toddwerner on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:42 am
That's a nice offer, Johnny. Or do you go by John?

I will think about it. It's going to be a couple of weeks since I want to finish wiring and such.

Thanks,
Todd

Studio One 2 Pro
Windows 10
by johnnygeib2 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:59 am
It's Johnny. But that's cool just hit me up if you are interested. All you need is Skype and an app called TeamViewer which will allow me to see your machine from here.

by matthewgorman on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:45 am
All you need is Skype and an app called TeamViewer which will allow me to see your machine from here.

And a trophy case to hold all the Grammys once Johnny gets you up and running.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by toddwerner on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:30 pm
matthewgorman wroteAnd a trophy case to hold all the Grammys once Johnny gets you up and running.

Dare to dream LOL

But more seriously, I'll be happy if the kids simply have fun and the toys inspire, or at least don't hinder, their creativity.
Todd

Studio One 2 Pro
Windows 10

10 posts
Page 1 of 1