5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have set up the light pipe connections between the 192 and the 88 and they both seem to work fine running at 96khz. Here's my questions: Just using 2 lightpipes all 16 channels show up but I'm guessing I can only use 4 adat channels at one time, is that right? So, I now have all the light pipes connected, can I now record all 16 channels at the same time? Why is it only the first 8 channels from the 192 have the fat channel and not the next 8 adat channels? Not that I would ever need to record 16 channels at the same time, but that is the reason for getting the DP 88, so that I can if I needed to. Any answers would be great, thanks in advance, and sorry I'm such a noob at this, but I am learning little by little:)
by matthewgorman on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:47 pm
When you go higher in sample rate, you trade off certain functions. Once over 48.0, you lose some fat channel capability on ADAT, as well as inputs. If you record44.1 or 48.0, then you will have 16 channels with Fat Channel processing. If you look closely at the ADAT jacks on the back of the unit, it tells you channel count at certain sample rates.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by williamgagnon on Thu May 25, 2017 10:43 am
I am not as concerned that only the first 8 inputs have the fat channel but just being able to access the 8 adat channels for recording. With both light pipes connected it says, at 44khz, one connector gives you all 8 adats, it says if you plug them both in, they should all work at 96khz, cable 1 gives you 9 thru 12 and the 2nd cable gives 13 - 16. Am I reading that wrong? The way it is now, I cant access the 13 - 16 at all. I see input signals on the 88 but nothing in studio One 3. My brain hurts, sorry for the rant, but driving me a bit nuts.
by matthewgorman on Thu May 25, 2017 12:23 pm
No worries, things get frustrating. I don't have mine in front of me to verify, but will later this evening. Can you post a screenshot of your input routing, and what you have set up for the channels?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by williamgagnon on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:37 pm
Here's how I connected the 192 and the 88 that seems to work. still only the first 8 get the fat channel but, I can record on all 16 tracks at the same time. With both smux connected, it works perfectly at 96khz which was my main point to begin with. Thanks much for the help

Attachments
192dp88lp.JPG
I did add another light cable to the out from the 192 to the in on the 88. Still works the same with no difference.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1