Discuss Notion Mobile here.
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
First of all, I was a little sad to see that I had to purchase Notion again since ”restore purchases” seems to be broken. Or maybe we are supposed to buy it again because it is a new major revision? But it is fine I guess since it doesn’t cost a mint.
Secondly, I tried, tried and tried to report what I think is a bug, but there seems to be no way to do that on the presonus homepage. Support only leads me to the manuals. So I give up and post here instead in the hope that this bug can be solved soon.

I have used Notion mobile for perhaps 3 years or so and I have grown to love it even though editing sometimes is a pain. I just tried out the new version today and went to change the staff key of the song from C to G. Changing the staff key of a score is a very common thing most of us do I’m sure, but this time I thought I got a jamais vu, because I first put a C4 quarter note and it seems to match the C4 key of the piano correctly, but when I changed the key of the score in the score options to G, the note still sounds the same and correctly matches the keyboard, but to my big surprise it now looks like a F3 note on the score. Shouldn’t a C4 note still be located on the same place on the score even though we changed the key to G?

If this is not a bug, can someone please explain to me what has happened with this functionality and how to set the staff key the correct or normal way.

Very greatful with any help on this as this is a big roadblock for me.

Best regards,
Rasmus Anthin

Attachments
26AFBF2E-767F-4D3F-862A-A8934A246D90.jpeg
(3) Now C is F?!?
C601ABEB-94EC-4DE7-89A3-16354317042D.jpeg
(2) Changing the staff key from C to G.
BF6C8369-DB8E-40F4-A35C-3997B9DE64CC.jpeg
(1) C note in the key of C.
by acequantum on Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:07 pm
In your screen shot, it looks like you are setting Notation C sounds as a G.

If that's the case, a notated F would sound as a C if you're transposing the notation by a fifth.

Is this not the case?

What do you want to happen? Do you want to play an F on the virtual keyboard and have it notate as F but sound as C?

Like a Bb horn will play a D to sound a Concert C.

Are you just trying to add a key signature to the staff but not change the transposition of the instrument? If so, there should be an icon at the bottom of the pallet:

notion mobile basic pallete.JPG

Tap that, then tap the three sharps. Tap the position (measure) in the score where you want to add the new key signature. A selection circle for keys will appear. Choose yourr new major or minor key sig.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1