Discuss Notion Mobile here.
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Thanks to Presonus for great soft- Notion Mobile is the first notation one I feel comfortable with iPad, but unfortunately I could not get how to enter triplets, and found nothing in online manual. I would be grateful for help!
by ChrisS23 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:13 am
Two ways –
1) select the notes you want in a tuplet, then tap ‘Make Tuplet’ in the context menu (or Cmd+T)

2) If you have a keyboard attached, then use Opt+2-9 to select the tuplet value then the duration you want, and then tap the notes in.

Product Manager - Notion
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
http://www.presonus.com/products/notation-software
by Guennadi on Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:36 am
Thank you!
by johnkayne on Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:30 pm
Anyone able to make the Tuplet keyboard commands work. Tried two different Apple brand models without success with either Keyboard option.
by andrewsherbrooke on Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:12 pm
ChrisS23 wroteTwo ways –
1) select the notes you want in a tuplet, then tap ‘Make Tuplet’ in the context menu (or Cmd+T)

2) If you have a keyboard attached, then use Opt+2-9 to select the tuplet value then the duration you want, and then tap the notes in.

-----

But without an external keyboard, there's now literally no way to enter multiple bars of eighth note triplets in Notion Mobile, right? You can't group notes across a bar line into tuplets, so the last couple in each bar can't be changed, as far as I can tell. Not to mention that it's _much_ easier to simply set the note value to triplets, prior to entering them...

I'm hoping this is an oversight that will be repaired; mostly I use the app (which I've loved for years) to transcribe jazz solos, so getting back my triplets would be appreciated :).
by exiygevu on Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:26 am
You can do following steps to enter triplets:
1) enter notes on staff
2) highlight notes to be converted into Triplets
3) click three dots on pop up menu
4) select make custom tuplets
5) hit apply
by andrewsherbrooke on Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:47 pm
[quote="exiygevu"]You can do following steps to enter triplets:

I'm fairly certain this is not true, for the case I'm describing (and have read others' similar reports on the forums). Specifically:

1. Enter 12 eighth notes, across one and a half bars of 4/4.
2. Select the first 3, choose "Make Tuplet".
3. Repeat with the second 3. You now have two groups of eighth note triplets and two eighth notes in the first measure, 4 in the next. Not to mention this is a crazy way to enter triplets :).
4. Select the next 3 eighth notes (2 in the first measure, 1 across the bar line). The Make Tuplet option is not available when you straddle a bar line.

Even if you keep converting to triplets, then adding eighth notes directly to the current measure, you're always going to end up with 2 standard eighth notes left over. My description sounds complicated, but if you try to actually enter full measures of triplets you should quickly see the problem.
by johnkayne on Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:01 pm
Nothing like adding more steps to what was formerly a simple procedure. With an open mind, trying to get through basic transcriptions as a way to acclimate to the redesign. Seems like everything now taking more pen strokes & trips to a menu to accomplish.
by johnpapanek on Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:15 pm
To make 4 measures of quarter-note triplets on my iPad (no keyboard) I had to first erase all the bar lines then enter all quarter-notes, then select each group of three, one group at a time, convert each to triplets, then re-insert all the bar lines. If there’s another way I could not find it. Why not a simple “enter triplets” tool on the palette as in the old version??!!!!!?!??
by andrewsherbrooke on Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:39 pm
I got some useful help from PreSonus on this. While I'm the first to agree that we should be able to enter triplets more easily :), you can in fact add extra eighth notes into a measure (they'll turn red), then select the final group of three and convert it to a triplet for the final beat too...
by johnkayne on Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:14 am
Thank you support for fixing the triplet’s in the latest update!

11 posts
Page 1 of 1