Discuss Notion Mobile here.
1 post
Page 1 of 1
For safety and testing, I downloaded Notion mobile to my Mac and kept my old version on the iPad. To do this, you need to go to the Mac AppStore.
The good thing first: It runs there without any problems....
In order not to lose the old version on your iPad, it is necessary to turn off the automatic update of the purchased apps in the settings first! This way you also keep your previous songs, which you should backup on your computer.

First impression tested on a Mac:
The app has a new interface, but you can quickly find your way around it, since the standard is pretty much the same. Really new is the mixer including reverb and the possibility of keyboard commands.

After opening and playing one of my orchestral pieces in the old format in Notion mobile, I noticed two things right away: The dynamics are not the same and the sound seems more direct.
The cause of the first is probably a different implementation of the instructions for the crescendo, which seems stronger to me and now extends to the last marked note. And not as before at the last note in the musical expression (which also seems right to me) was moderate. Also, tremoloed notes (strings), when followed directly by a stronger note, become louder just before.

So the old pieces need a little reworking... All in all, however, something that can definitely be done.

What is your first impression?
Maybe there is also a difference between iPad and Mac?

1 post
Page 1 of 1