4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Revelator io24, firmware 1.28, UC 4.2.0.96206
Windows 11 23H2

The Systems Event Log had an error from PaeDSPUSB of "Audio Controller initialization failed". This is a Presonus audio driver. No other issues, except on occasion I'd get some white noise from monitors/Revelator when powering the system on.

Removed and reinstalled UC. Afterwards Windows audio worked fine and continued to do so. However, now io24 does not show up as an ASIO device in any pro audio apps. Reinstalled Studio One 5.5 and it shows up in the device list. However, when selecting the Revelator io24:

The audio device Revelator could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again.

Other ASIO devices work fine. However, even with the io24 as the only USB audio device connected, Revelator ASIO does not show up, only Windows audio.

I connected the io24 to an old laptop, installed UC, and ASIO works there (albeit with a couple freezes), so it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue.
by Trucky on Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:20 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Please update your signature with all of your system specs (see link and example in mine below).

Are you plugging it directly (not a hub) into a USB 2.0 compatible port on your computer?
Any firewall or anti-virus software that may be interfering with the install?
That could be the issue if it works when you tried it on an older laptop.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by marid1 on Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:12 am
It's direct to a USB 3.1 mobo port, no hub. Using same antirvirus and firewall on the laptop.

Again, Windows audio works fine. UC registers changes to the front panel of the io24 (preset button, mute etc).

I have about 6 other audio interfaces with ASIO drivers that range from guitar fx, to digital drums,
to digital mixer, etc... that are used daily. No issues with any of them. So, a USB issue is highly unlikely.

Based on the previous forum posts of a similar nature, it's likely an unresolved Presonus driver issue of some sort.

I have since removed and reinstalled the driver multiple times, making sure the various leftover Presonus dir are removed following uninstall. No change.

I checked the System log of the laptop and it displayed the same PaeDSPUSB of "Audio Controller initialization failed" error. I did not go as far as trying to record with it, only to confirm that the ASIO driver/device was recognized in audio software.
by Trucky on Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:10 pm
Mine's plugged directly into a USB 2.0 compatible port and works great on all 3 of my computers.

Best to submit a Support Ticket (see link in my signature) if you're still having issues.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

4 posts
Page 1 of 1