6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi peeps
I've just bought an io24 and upon connecting it, all was fine on v1.0 firmware, at least it appeared so (I didn't have a chance to test it yet). LED screen showed functions correctly etc.

Upon loading up Universal Control, it told me to update the firmware.
I tried doing this.. at first the buttons (1, 2, arrow and presets buttons) would flash.
Then after a little while of that on my PC it said 'update complete'. Around this time the LED screen goes dark (but is still powered) and the encoder knob starts flashing blue.
After clicking 'ok' Universal Control says again (over and over) 'update firmware new version 1.21'.
Restarting the PC the same issue happens - LED screen shows v1.21, buttons flash, then screen goes dark and encoder knob starts to flash its blue ring and universal control continues to tell me to update, over and over.
What is going on?! How can I use my unit??
by Bbd on Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:30 am
Please post your specs.
Try a different USB port.
If the issue persists, please contact Support.
Thanks!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ninjagaijin on Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:11 pm
Bbd wrotePlease post your specs.
Try a different USB port.
If the issue persists, please contact Support.
Thanks!

I've tried different USB ports, front and back panel.
Asus x570 tuf gaming plus mobo
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair 750 watt PSU
EVGA GTX 970 GPU
4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3200mhz CL16 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit
Fractal Design R5 case iirc.
The build is less than 2 years old.

So far support have just requested msinfo file, no advice.
by Bbd on Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:40 pm
Can you uninstall UC and download a fresh version?
Unplug the unit while you do that.
It may need to be replaced.
Support should be able to help. Send them whatever they need.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ninjagaijin on Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:47 pm
Bbd wroteCan you uninstall UC and download a fresh version?
Unplug the unit while you do that.
It may need to be replaced.
Support should be able to help. Send them whatever they need.

Thanks, I will try that now

I am hoping the unit doesn't need to replaced as it's been a journey so far to get this far.. I was advised that a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen 3 would do the job I required (linked channels 1 & 2 gain, via 'control' software) but it isn't able to do that, so I took it back and have swapped for the io24 Revelator. I live quite far from the shop so it took all day yesterday to get to and from the shop and then test the unit.

But hopefully I can get it to work, or worst case the replacement will work.

What is the standard warranty for the io24 Revelator?

edit: A surprising update - after uninstalling the control software with the io24 removed, and
then reinstalling it with the io24 not connected, the io24 correctly loaded up (even prior to Windows 10 booting). Universal Control is correctly showing v1.21 firmware as well as the LED screen. Thanks for the help!! It seems like the Universal Control software was having some issues.

I forgot to mention I am installing this on my C:\ drive to default location, the drive is an NVME SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB.

edit 2:
I'm getting more weird errors.

Firstly, I linked channel 1 & 2 as that was the reason I bought the io24 over another interface, the option to link a left and right stereo pair's inputs. It showed 'channel 2' only on the mixer. I noticed however there was signal being shown - blue lights halfway down the channel strip LED metering. This confused me.
I tried lowering and raising the 'channel 2' (linked) fader in software, then I found I couldn't get it to sit at 0dB again, it was impossible to get it precisely on 0. I got -0.77dB or something like that as close as I could.

I think click 'unlink' or something similar in the bottom left corner, and the 1, 2, arrow and presets buttons started flashing, then the blue encoder knob starting flashing, the devices disappeared from Windows 'sounds' settings and universal control once again is telling me to 'update firmware new version 1.21'.

Something very wrong here.

Each time I reinstall Universal Control I am only installing the Revelator USB driver, not the other drivers.

Repeating this process a second time, uninstalling and reinstalling Universal Control and rebooting, brings the same issue.

A third attempt:
I link the channels, and Channel 2 in the mixer is showing '-10dB' levels in blue squares - although NOTHING IS PLUGGED IN to the unit.
I now see I can click into the number above the fader though and change that to 0.00dB though.

Turning the middle 'gain' knob UP to maximum (the one above the channel 2 strip) brings the meter down to around -4dB.

Changing the preset knob to 'stereo dj' gets rid of that. So I guess I just need to learn how to use it better.

But still very concerned it is randomly failing to work and getting into an 'update firmware' loop.
by chrisrodgers2 on Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:20 pm
Yep...I am getting the same thing!
I bought my Presonus IO24 back in October of 2021 and I was wondering why there were no updates for the software or firmware updates.
Today I decided to make an account and once I logged into my software then the updates came.
I updated Universal control 1st and then it prompted me for a Firmware update from 1.0 to 1.21.
After the firmware update, successfully completed as it told me, Universal Control no longer sees my mic or headphones and within 10 seconds after UC opens it prompts me to reinstall the 1.21 firmware and it has been doing this non-stop over & over again.
I see some others have had this same issue.
The 1 (back) 2 & both Preset buttons flash on the front panel of the IO24, then the firmware prompt happens, and then the volume dial flashes blue with no other lights or display after the firmware is installed...again rinse repeat.
I rely heavily on this unit and use it daily and I am now left stranded due to a buggy firmware issue.
I am pretty sure it is the UC software causing the issue.
I tried different USB cords & USB ports and I managed to get to calm down but as soon as I switched to a different preset on the IO24, it started flashing and then UC closed and prompted me to install the firmware again.

On a side note, who was the genius who decided when you register with Presonus that your REAL name used for an account on the website would also be your forum name?!?!
WHY would they not separate the two?
Talk about major privacy issues here.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1