49 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
Same issue. I bought it for being a standalone solution for my inputs. I'm configuring the io24 on one computer using UC (on a mac, in this case), then I use the interface with another computer (win10) that I cannot install the UC on. However, some settings (input gain, phantom, HPF, seemingly some mix seetings too) are lost when disconnecting from the mac and connecting to the win computer, or when rebooting, or even when going to sleep mode - anything that resets the USB-signal or USB power signal.

This basically removes the whole USP and reason for buying this interface... so annoying. Thinking about returning the unit and find something else.

Running io24 with fw 1.27 and UC 4.0.0.90879 macos arm64.
by tabeamaciolek on Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:43 am
oliverjc20 wrote[

I contacted support and their suggestion worked for me as a temporary fix. This was:
- Uninstall the version I had installed and restart PC
- Go to https://www.presonus.com/products/Revel ... /downloads
- Click "Show / Hide all versions of software downloads" and download UC v3.6.4
- Install this version
- Restart PC again
(Make sure to update/backdate the firmware of the device when prompted)

As I mentioned, it seems to have worked for me as a temporary workaround while they work on a fix. As annoying as it is that we can't use the latest version, it seems to work for the time being :D

Hope this helped

THAT is really annoying and ridiculous 🤬🤬
Instead of fixing their software firmware problems you move a step backwards.

Thats like you buy a Ferrari and Ferrari said: Oh sorry you can drive only 10km/h otherwise engine will explode.

I don´t use it anymore and moved for streaming to Elgato Wave XLR.
Thats much better with true vst support. And manything more.

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Revelator IO24, Universal Control v4.2.0.96206, Firmware v11.28
Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, ASROCK B550
I
by markowivolin on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:11 am
oliverjc20 wroteI contacted support and their suggestion worked for me as a temporary fix. This was:
- Uninstall the version I had installed and restart PC
- Go to https://www.presonus.com/products/Revel ... /downloads
- Click "Show / Hide all versions of software downloads" and download UC v3.6.4
- Install this version
- Restart PC again
(Make sure to update/backdate the firmware of the device when prompted)

As I mentioned, it seems to have worked for me as a temporary workaround while they work on a fix. As annoying as it is that we can't use the latest version, it seems to work for the time being :D

Hope this helped

Thanks, I have done the same and it is working as expected with the downgraded firmware.

I wish I would have known about PreSonus shortcomings before buying it... Its hard to find every little possible annoyance before buying, even with thorough research.
by wijnandgaanderse on Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:30 pm
Man.. let me vent a bit here..

The firmware is horrible!
I own this product for over a year now, and I am really starting to dislike it only because of its abysmal and pathetic firmware. What the heck is the Dev-Team behind this doing?!
The hardware seems fine but because of this, they are ruining an else perfectly fine product! There is absolutely no way I can recommend this product to anyone right now and I am losing trust in Presonus as a brand too... way to go product-team! :!: :?

Since I own this product I experience all the aforementioned issues and it is getting worse with each firmware "update". Instead of fixing the glaring issues, they decided to add "OBS-Support" (which btw. also doesn't even work well and causes OBS to crash on exit).
Now I would count myself a tech savy person, woring in IT and so on, so you bet I tried everything to exclude any issues on my side, only to confirm everyone else here, that the firmware is complete trash.

But what do they care right... the already have my money..
by Trucky on Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:12 pm
Download the latest Universal Control from your My.PreSonus account.
It includes the latest firmware with fixes that may help these issues.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by armanbohn on Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:52 pm
I just purchased a Revelator io44 and I'm noticing that if I set up an EQ on my Mac, it is enabled after I disconnect/power cycle the unit. I'm using this to stream content from an iPhone, so I need to have the settings I make on a desktop be retained.

Do I need to roll back to the prior version for this to work? I am on the latest release.
by christopherayala on Tue May 02, 2023 7:38 am
Looks like the latest version fixed the settings reset issue.

For reference, I'm now on Universal Control 4.1.0.93124 with Revelator io24 firmware v1.28.
by markowivolin on Wed May 03, 2023 11:15 pm
From 4.1.0.93124 release notes:
"IO24 now retains 48V after power-cycle"

Thank you, thank you, thank you for not forcefully baby sitting us!

I've yet to update though because of the issue with the last active preset being reset after reboot. I do not trust Presonus just yet.

Would be great if other who have updated can report in if their settings are being remembered consistently after reboot!
by georgewhittam2 on Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:50 pm
Let's hope under Fender's ownership things in the support/dev area improve!
Such amazing hardware and capability and value, but can we count on it??

49 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3