49 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
yvanhuneault1 wroteio24 still not working correctly. Presets not being retained. Support says "everything is OK here". No updates since May 2022. Is that it? Something new in the pipeline? Are more recent models off the line working properly?

Welcome to the Forum!
Revelator io24 v1.27 firmware is the latest release.
What Operating System are you running?
Scenes are what I use for this while they provide a possible fix. Are they not working for you?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by lvdnochp on Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:34 am
still have the same problem. hasn't been fixed yet..

Presonus Revelator io24 - fw 1.27 - Windows 11
by Trucky on Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:23 pm
lvdnochp wrotestill have the same problem. hasn't been fixed yet..

Welcome to the Forum!

While a resolution to this issue is being worked on, I'd recommend storing a scene with all your settings so it's easy to recall after a reboot.

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by nelsonleeroy on Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:50 am
Hey guys,

Same issue here under Windows 10 with an io44 + a random buzz noise !!!
Everything is updated to the last version, I will open a ticket but if any of you have found a solution since your post, please let me know
thanks
Nelson
by Trucky on Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:55 am
nelsonleeroy wroteHey guys,
Same issue here under Windows 10 with an io44 + a random buzz noise !!!
Everything is updated to the last version, I will open a ticket but if any of you have found a solution since your post, please let me know
thanks
Nelson

Describe the random buzz noise. Often this happens when a Smartphone or another device is too close to your audio interface.

by vnobtkrq on Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:59 pm
I have this issue on the io44 too and it actually got worse with version 4 of universal control, it loses a lot of settings and recalling a scene doesn't reset the state as I saved the scene.
by Trucky on Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:22 pm
vnobtkrq wroteI have this issue on the io44 too and it actually got worse with version 4 of universal control, it loses a lot of settings and recalling a scene doesn't reset the state as I saved the scene.

Welcome to the Forum!

While a resolution to this issue is being worked on, I'm storing a scene with all my settings so it's easy to recall after a reboot. Recalling scenes work consistently for me with Universal Control 4.

You said storing a scene is not working for you with the latest Universal Control 4.
Please give me the exact steps you're using so I can try to get those steps to fail with my io24.
Thanks!

by alejandrosuazo on Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:10 am
On January 19, 2023

Really frustrating Presonus support. I have the same issue with IO44 and IO24 plus an annoying static hi frequency noise on both interfaces, different computer, Windows 10 pro latest updates and so on.

Universal Control latest updates, latest firmware, latest all and the same issue: Lost all custom configurations, lost all custom presets, lost all in each "new good morning" starting PC...

The worst response at all: "Open a ticket to resolve your fu---ng problem that Presonus don't care about it..."

The poor person on ticket response say every time the same: "Uninstall all and reinstall, upgrade your USB drives, upgrade your Windows OS, buy a new computer, take your vendors and cry for a return..." Really fu---ng support from an a poor-personal enterprise...

Too bad Presonus...
by tabeamaciolek on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:18 am
I'm ashamed I told a friend to buy it.
He was so excited to get the IO24 and can´t work with it now.

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Revelator IO24, Universal Control v4.2.0.96206, Firmware v11.28
Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, ASROCK B550
I
by johnfallahee on Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:28 pm
I have an IO Revelator 24 and IO Revelator 44.

The IO24 used to remember the settings, but now it doesn't.

It has nothing to do with USB ports, or anything else.

It's the firmware updates.

I know this because my newer IO44 remembered the settings after unplugging it nightly for months.

Today, I did the firmware update, unplugged, and sure enough, now it, too won't remember the settings.

This is on PreSonus, and it's ridiculous. It's the firmware, plain and simple.
by markowivolin on Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:15 am
I have the same issue with my IO24. It's not consistent that I can easily tell. Sometimes it remembers the settings, sometimes it resets them. Annoying nonetheless...
by fqldcskk on Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:10 am
Same here.
Also happens only after updating to the latest firmware.
How do I downgrade the firmware so that I can go back to a more stable release?
This is absolutely annoying and really bad quality control on the software end.
by chrisrodgers2 on Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:19 pm
After installing the latest update mine now is doing this EVERY TIME I reboot.
I am getting tired of having to redo all my settings.
by tabeamaciolek on Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:15 am
chrisrodgers2 wroteAfter installing the latest update mine now is doing this EVERY TIME I reboot.
I am getting tired of having to redo all my settings.

Save all settings as a "scene".
Then you can load this scene and all settings for the fatchannel is there.

What not working: Settings via the settings wheel and the balance headphone/monitoring.

It´s a real shame that a big companie like Presonus can´t fix this bug in time nor give any answers to this.

Hope we get new firmware in 2025

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Revelator IO24, Universal Control v4.2.0.96206, Firmware v11.28
I
by fqldcskk on Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:17 am
Saving and loading again manually is not a satisfying option. This should work as expected and should not cause unnecessary steps.

Also: When I turn the wheel it always flips back to whatever it first said. So the wheel seems to be broken too.

It's really a shame and I hope it's possible to downgrade to an older firmware and version of Universal Control (I think the problems started with version 4).

I will check that later and see what I can rescue in this mess.

P.S.: I'm also not sure if a clean uninstall and reinstall would help but will try this too before hopefully being able to downgrade.
by tabeamaciolek on Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:25 am
fqldcskk wroteSaving and loading again manually is not a satisfying option. This should work as expected and should not cause unnecessary steps.

Also: When I turn the wheel it always flips back to whatever it first said. So the wheel seems to be broken too.

It's really a shame and I hope it's possible to downgrade to an older firmware and version of Universal Control (I think the problems started with version 4).

I will check that later and see what I can rescue in this mess.

P.S.: I'm also not sure if a clean uninstall and reinstall would help but will try this too before hopefully being able to downgrade.

You are right, we paid for a working hardware. And all solutions are only workaround.

Everything about how to use the wheel, load scences or even downgrade is written here and in another post.
So read that and you are fine (Think downgrading is best option if you won´t use OBS with UC)

I
by oliverjc20 on Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:59 am
Same Issue here! It's a shame, because I just bought it and I really like the hardware, it's super cool, but this issue seems to have been going on for a while. I wish I knew about this before updating the firmware, I'm going to see if I can find a way of downgrading the firmware to a point without this issue.
by christopherayala on Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:19 am
Yikes, I just updated Universal Control and the firmware, which I did by going to the Presonus website directly and checking for updates. The "check for updates" option in my previous version of the Universal Control always said that I had the latest version already despite being two releases behind.

Anyway, I probably should have kept the old version because I can confirm that my settings reset after reboot. The band-aid fix is of course to save the settings as a scene as already suggested, and recall it after your reboot your computer. Very annoying. This shouldn't be happening. It's otherwise one of the best loopback mixers I've ever used.
by markowivolin on Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:56 am
Anyone from Presonus reading post in here or is this just an echo chamber?
The UR22C is only like 10-15$ more and is looking more and more tempting... :cry:
by oliverjc20 on Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:44 am
christopherayala wroteYikes, I just updated Universal Control and the firmware, which I did by going to the Presonus website directly and checking for updates. The "check for updates" option in my previous version of the Universal Control always said that I had the latest version already despite being two releases behind.

Anyway, I probably should have kept the old version because I can confirm that my settings reset after reboot. The band-aid fix is of course to save the settings as a scene as already suggested, and recall it after your reboot your computer. Very annoying. This shouldn't be happening. It's otherwise one of the best loopback mixers I've ever used.

I contacted support and their suggestion worked for me as a temporary fix. This was:
- Uninstall the version I had installed and restart PC
- Go to https://www.presonus.com/products/Revel ... /downloads
- Click "Show / Hide all versions of software downloads" and download UC v3.6.4
- Install this version
- Restart PC again
(Make sure to update/backdate the firmware of the device when prompted)

As I mentioned, it seems to have worked for me as a temporary workaround while they work on a fix. As annoying as it is that we can't use the latest version, it seems to work for the time being :D

Hope this helped

49 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3