101 postsPage 5 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
byronsteele1 wroteThis is all good news for me. Same issues. I had been running my outputs through a submixer which masked the issue on the main outs. It does vary a little depending on which USB out I use on my PC. I'm contemplating opening up my PC and seeing if there is another 5v rail I can use to see if that helps at all.
It's a pity, because otherwise I love it. None of the reviews I watched mentioned it, so hopefully it is fixable.

I second the other comments: definitely not worth opening up your PC. Not sure how you'd even connect another 5V rail (USB spliter?) or how that would help in this case as myself and a few others have tried providing extra power to the unit with things like powered hubs; it is very clearly not a lack of power issue.

My replacement unit should be arriving today (according to the tracking) so I'll be able to post an update tonight, unless FedEx pulls a FedEx and drop kicks it or punches a forklift through it or something...(my experience with them has been quite poor; I've had issues on about 50% of shipments going through FedEx and I avoid them at all costs, but I obviously didn't have a choice here.)
Last edited by robneu on Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Mark C. on Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:31 am
Mine came in today. I just plugged it in. I'm going to take my time testing it before I publish any results. Stay tuned....

PreSonus Sphere 5.4.0.66465 | Atom v. 3.52 | Eris e5 | Studio 26c v. 1.12 | Revelator USB Mic v. 1.42 | Revelator io24 v. 1.13 | Universal Control v3.6.0.66460 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H1 19043.1237 | MSI B460m PRO-VDH Wifi - 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700F - GeForce RTX 2060 - 128GB DDR4 - SSD WDS500G2B0A00WD
by robneu on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:44 pm
Got the replacement unit unboxed and did some initial testing (only an hour or two, so not extensive): so far so good! The major pulsing noise does seem to be gone!

To be crystal clear, the pulsing noises I'd previously recorded coming from the headphone and main outputs are not present. No matter what I do with the gains and inputs, I cannot hear it on either the headphone or main outputs, as I definitely could before. There's still some amount of white noise, a little more than on my previous audio interface (Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2) with the same cables and IEMs (Moondrop Starfields), but I do not foresee it being a problem for me as it's not pulsing and changing based on the input.

Other notes:
  • I used literally everything I was using before (everything in the path from the computer to the headphones and speakers, including the 1/4" to 3.5 mm adapter, USB cable from the old unit, TRS cables to the E3.5 monitors, and obviously the IEMs and monitors themselves)
  • I'm fairly confident it is either a refurbished unit (acceptable to me) or they at least opened it and verified it was functional (also obviously acceptable) because
    1. The the unit itself was still in the plastic bag but the bag was not taped closed (like my 3 previous units were), though the tape was still present (ie it was stuck to the side of the bag but in no way keeping it closed as with the previous 3 units)
    2. The email I received with the RMA instructions stated that the "unit has been reworked to eliminate the issues you are experiencing."
    3. The case a few very small (and frankly irrelevant) scuffs on the bottom that indicate it was likely placed on a desk without the feet (which were not installed, but were still included)
    4. It came with firmware version 1.13 installed (my previous 3 all came with 1.00)
  • The serial number is significantly higher than my previous ones. My units 2 and 3 were about 600 apart; this one is about 180,000 above unit 3's serial. So I'm fairly confident it is from a more recent batch or the serials are not sequential, in which case they never mattered to determine relative production batches

So my initial verdit is :thumbup:. I'll continue to follow this thread and post any updates as I use it more extensively.

On a mostly unrelated note, I was so hopeful that this would be resolved that a few weeks ago I modeled a bracket for the io24 to allow me to mount it under my desk! It may go through additional iterations but if anyone wants to mount it under their desk now, I have uploaded the files and the required hardware (besides a 3D printer) to Prusa Prints and Thingiverse. Hope it's useful for you!
by julienarcicasa on Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:18 am
Hello everyone :)

Thank you very much for the news and feedbacks :D

I would like to order again the io24 (after returned twice).

Did presonus communicate about when the fix will be available for the new batches ?
Because the seller (Thomann for me) doesn't know anything about the problem :?

Btw, do you have this problem too ?
When I disable the preset, I can ear the input louder in the left ear of the headphones output.
It looks like it can be solved by updating the software.

I am really happy to see that the problem was solved for you :thumbup:

Have a beautiful day,
Best,
by Mark C. on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:03 am
OK, Here's what I've got so far from testing yesterday. I'm going to queue off RobNeu's post above.

"To be crystal clear, the pulsing noises I'd previously recorded coming from the headphone and main outputs are not present. No matter what I do with the gains and inputs, I cannot hear it on either the headphone or main outputs, as I definitely could before. There's still some amount of white noise"

Response: For me, I am in agreement with Rob. I cannot hear the pulsing any more. Nor, can I hear the high pitch in my headphones when I change Sample Rates in Universal Control.

"I used literally everything I was using before"

Response: I've also tried almost everything I used before. So far, so good. But I'm not calling it 100% fixed until I see it has lasted for a week.

"I'm fairly confident it is either a refurbished unit (acceptable to me) or they at least opened it and verified it was functional (also obviously acceptable) because the unit itself was still in the plastic bag but the bag was not taped closed (like my 3 previous units were), though the tape was still present (ie it was stuck to the side of the bag but in no way keeping it closed as with the previous 3 units) The email I received with the RMA instructions stated that the "unit has been reworked to eliminate the issues you are experiencing.""

Response: Same for me.

"The case a few very small (and frankly irrelevant) scuffs on the bottom that indicate it was likely placed on a desk without the feet (which were not installed, but were still included)"

Response: Same for me. And on closer inspection, I can see some wear on the casing screws indicating they have been turned more than once.

"It came with firmware version 1.13 installed (my previous 3 all came with 1.00) The serial number is significantly higher than my previous ones. My units 2 and 3 were about 600 apart; this one is about 180,000 above unit 3's serial. So I'm fairly confident it is from a more recent batch or the serials are not sequential, in which case they never mattered to determine relative production batches"

Response: Mine also came with FW 1.13 whereas the other 2 came with 1.00 just like Rob's. However, my serials are not far off. Only 18 digits between this one and the previous.

I too will monitor this post and will leave it open for others to chime in. I highly recommend that you place a ticket with PreSonus support if you're having issues and have not opened a ticket yet.

Also, BIG KUDOS to PreSonus!!! It's not easy to isolate this type of hardware issue and resolve it this fast. Believe me. I know. I work for a major tech company.

I'll post more when a few more days have gone by.

PreSonus Sphere 5.4.0.66465 | Atom v. 3.52 | Eris e5 | Studio 26c v. 1.12 | Revelator USB Mic v. 1.42 | Revelator io24 v. 1.13 | Universal Control v3.6.0.66460 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H1 19043.1237 | MSI B460m PRO-VDH Wifi - 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700F - GeForce RTX 2060 - 128GB DDR4 - SSD WDS500G2B0A00WD
by jh0st on Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:29 am
Confirming the dreaded headphone amp pulse at low volumes which switches to distracting pink noise at med/loud volumes (tested with Grado SR80s, Sony MDR7506, and Shure SE215's). Likewise, the outputs emit the same pink noise when connecting my PreSonus eris e5's with high quality balanced cables.

Even through others without the pulsing issues have mentioned an 'acceptable' amount of white noise, that's still a tough compromise to live with: After recording and playing back recordings done on the io24 on the wicked silent Audient id14 mkii, I can verify that the noise doesn't get recorded. But the problem is, with such a high noise floor, recording on the io24 will mask any faulty cables, mic noise, etc., potentially ruining hours of work.

Also as others have surmised, PreSonus must have made a lot of compromises under the hood to run phantom power, DSP, headphone amp, etc., all from bus power. Yes, it's 'USB C,' but not truly so (it comes with a USB C to A cable and even when connected via USB C to C, the exact same output noise plagues it). Too bad Presonus didn't make this truly USB C to C to take advantage of the higher power delivery.

Not only does this power issue effect the noise, I believe it also affects its mic pre's quality. Although they are 'xmax,' notice that the io24's specs are the lowest rung on the PreSonus tier, matching their cheapest bus-powered audiobox product. When comparing their interfaces, the mic-pre specs on interfaces with external power are much improved.

Putting 2 and 2 together, I would be perfectly happy if the io24 had an outboard power supply if that meant no noise AND better performance. Or they could take cues from Audient whose interfaces 'require' the added power from USB C-to-C, but clearly state that connecting via USB C-to-A will result in decreased headphone amp performance...

Since I don't have the time and will to tinker, sent this thing back and replaced it with the Audient id14 mkii which allowed me the luxury to extensively compare the two back to back. Wow the difference is like night and day: the Audient's dynamic range is very noticeably higher (particularly with high energy sources like bass drums), and ins and outs are so pristine and 'silky' sounding in comparison. definitely worth $100 more.
by robneu on Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:34 am
jh0st wroteConfirming the dreaded headphone amp pulse at low volumes which switches to distracting pink noise at med/loud volumes (tested with Grado SR80s, Sony MDR7506, and Shure SE215's). Likewise, the outputs emit the same pink noise when connecting my PreSonus eris e5's with high quality balanced cables.

Even through others without the pulsing issues have mentioned an 'acceptable' amount of white noise, that's still a tough compromise to live with: After recording and playing back recordings done on the io24 on the wicked silent Audient id14 mkii, I can verify that the noise doesn't get recorded. But the problem is, with such a high noise floor, recording on the io24 will mask any faulty cables, mic noise, etc., potentially ruining hours of work.

Also as others have surmised, PreSonus must have made a lot of compromises under the hood to run phantom power, DSP, headphone amp, etc., all from bus power. Yes, it's 'USB C,' but not truly so (it comes with a USB C to A cable and even when connected via USB C to C, the exact same output noise plagues it). Too bad Presonus didn't make this truly USB C to C to take advantage of the higher power delivery.

Not only does this power issue effect the noise, I believe it also affects its mic pre's quality. Although they are 'xmax,' notice that the io24's specs are the lowest rung on the PreSonus tier, matching their cheapest bus-powered audiobox product. When comparing their interfaces, the mic-pre specs on interfaces with external power are much improved.

Putting 2 and 2 together, I would be perfectly happy if the io24 had an outboard power supply if that meant no noise AND better performance. Or they could take cues from Audient whose interfaces 'require' the added power from USB C-to-C, but clearly state that connecting via USB C-to-A will result in decreased headphone amp performance...

Since I don't have the time and will to tinker, sent this thing back and replaced it with the Audient id14 mkii which allowed me the luxury to extensively compare the two back to back. Wow the difference is like night and day: the Audient's dynamic range is very noticeably higher (particularly with high energy sources like bass drums), and ins and outs are so pristine and 'silky' sounding in comparison. definitely worth $100 more.

The previous 2 comments (mine and Mark's) are about replacement units we received from PreSonus that seem to have completely solved the pulsing noise. Hard to quantify the very limited white noise that remains on those units.

I agree that a secondary power supply would have been good, but I'm actually happy it's USB-A as I cannot use USB-C in my use case. Maybe both options would be even better USB-C to USB-C wouldn't require a power supply but USB-C to USB-A would?
by SwitchBack on Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:31 pm
Hence the tip (with image) on page 1 of this thread to try a cable with two Type-A connectors on one end (and a Type-B or Type-C connector on the other). Those cables combine the power output from two USB A ports. It's a trick used a lot e.g. with external CD burners, cable included with the burner. The same could be done with power-hungry USB A/C interfaces. Better than one of those despicable wall warts. Absolutely hate them :x
by Mark C. on Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:37 pm
SwitchBack wroteHence the tip (with image) on page 1 of this thread to try a cable with two Type-A connectors on one end (and a Type-B or Type-C connector on the other). Those cables combine the power output from two USB A ports. It's a trick used a lot e.g. with external CD burners, cable included with the burner. The same could be done with power-hungry USB A/C interfaces. Better than one of those despicable wall warts. Absolutely hate them :x

I took your tip seriously and bought one of those cables. I did not notice any difference whatsoever. But I do like the external PS or C-C option. Hoping PreSonus is gathering all this input for Revision 2.

by Mark C. on Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:41 pm
Replacement Unit - 5 Day Update

As stated before, I received my replacement unit on Monday and have been testing while working from home each day.

I'm happy to report that my issues are solved. I've tried all the other scenario's I tried earlier. The replacement/re-worked unit is working great! All good for me so far. :thumbup:

by js132 on Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:29 am
I was having the same issues. I just found a fix for myself at least for right now, I will update again in a few weeks.

I could hear the noise in the headphones on Sony MDR-7506. I was running the usb-c to usb 3.0 into a usb extension cord that went into my desktop PC. I also tried another pair of audio technica headphones and I could hear the noise in those as well., but they weren't as loud, probably because they are cheaper then the sony.

But I was stuck with the annoying sound everyone mentions.

I just now found a fix. I needed 3 things.

1) a better USB-c to usb 3.0 cable. Specifically this one from amazon
BRAND: Brand: CONMDEX
USB C Cable 10Gbps, CONMDEX (2-Pack, 6.6ft) USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB-C Android Auto Cable, 3A Type C Charger Fast Charging Sync Data Transfer Cord for Samsung Galaxy S10 S10+ S20 Note 9 8, PS5 Controller
ASIN# ‎ B08QCXJT5M on amazon.

2) MPOW Noise Isolator- Unfortunately this is out of stock on amazon, but any noise isolator should work. Here is one on amazon as well : BESIGN Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio/Home Stereo System with 3.5mm Audio Cable

3) Syncwire 3.5mm Nylon Braided Aux Cable (3.3ft/1m,Hi-Fi Sound), Audio Auxiliary Input Adapter Male to Male AUX Cord for Headphones, Car, Home Stereos, Speaker, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Echo & More – Black 3.3 feet

So I have the sony headphones 3.5mm connected to the noise isolator and then the 3.5mm coming out of the noise isolator connected to the 1/4 adapter which is plugged into the headphone input on the revalator 24.

Then I have the usb-c to usb-3.1 cord listed above Plugged into a POWERED USB Hub that is velcroid under my desk. It is a 10 Port Powered usb hub that I needed to plugin lots of peripherals and have it on an extension usb cord plugged into back of my desktop pc.

So I guess you might need a 4th item, (the Powered USB Hub) but for sure, I know you will need the 3 items listed above and it should remove the noise. I am thinking it is because it gives it more power with a stronger cord and plugged into a powered usb hub.

Here is the Powered USB hub just in case u want to know that as well.
USB Hub Powered, 13 Multi-Port USB Hub with 10 USB 3.0 Ports, 2 IQ Quick Charge 3.0 Ports, and Port with up to 2,4A, Powered USB Splitter with Cords C and A, Unibody Aluminum USB HUB - by LATORICE

Hope that helps some of you,. Would love to know if it worked for anyone else.
by robneu on Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:36 pm
js132 wroteHope that helps some of you,. Would love to know if it worked for anyone else.

The ground loop noise isolator alone largely worked for me (I also tried that MPOW one and a few others; they were all about the same) but is an unacceptable solution to me. Getting an actually working unit from PreSonus is the only true fix in my book. It seems silly to me to spend extra money adding in-line devices that would be entirely when PreSonus is replacing the defective devices. Would you not want to go that route as well?
by robneu on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:26 pm
Day 8-ish update:

Regarding the pulsing/fluttering noise that started this thread, I am calling it solved. I am also going through and updating the reviews I posted on various sites. The replacement unit I received has not exhibited that or any other issue in the last week of use (other than those caused by my poor USB switcher...). If you're still experiencing this pulsing/fluttering issue, just contact PreSonus support and they'll get you a replacement unit; they have told me they have a bunch of the newest batch on hand so it should get to you even quicker than mine did!

The issue caused by my USB switcher: it's either defective or terrible quality (the USB switcher, not the io24). After doing some research on the USB spec and my USB switcher unit, I have determined the issue I dove into depth with below was caused by my USB switcher operating outside of the acceptable USB voltage range (5V +/- 0.25 V). Though some of my other devices don't seem to have major issues under similar circumstances (as noted below) I recognize that audio devices will likely exhibit any potential issues more obviously, especially those doing a lot of signal processing (like the io24), when the voltage drops outside of the acceptable range.

The moral of that story: make sure you're either plugging the unit directly in to your computer or (if you have to) using high quality cables and/or hubs.

TLDR: I'm hearing noises on my new/replacement unit as well, albeit different ones and only in specific circumstances, which I’m not sure very many people will encounter. I'm confident I've tracked down at least part of the issue; SwitchBack (page 1 of this thread) and js132 (above) were on to something regarding power (js132's comment above is what got me thinking to look there).

Story

Now that I have started using my replacement unit in more real-world use cases (gaming and conference calls principally), I have noticed a different sort of humming in my headphones (NOT the pulsing noise I'd heard on previous units), but only in certain circumstances. Here is a recording of it

I start with the good news: I don’t think many people will experience this issue as I am only seeing it due to my very non-standard desk/computer setup.

Having said that, I suspect that some have already seen it and they or we were confused and thought this issue and the previous pulsing noise issue were the same issue, and I’m fairly confident they’re completely unrelated.

Now to the truly bad news: it is also present in recordings done through the device (unlike the pulsing noise that started this thread). The above recording was not recorded using my iPhone to record a noise coming out of my headphones (like I had to do to capture the pulsing noise); that was recorded in Voice Memos on my MacBook Pro (Apple's super basic audio recording app) using my XLR mic (a PodMic with about 50 dB of gain and DSP) on input 2 of the Revelator io24. I should also note that if the input gains are turned down to zero and my mic is unplugged, the noise is also present, so I am confident it is not caused by the inputs themselves.

The Circumstances

First I need to describe a bit of my super out of the ordinary computer setup. I have two computers, a custom built desktop (for gaming and other intensive tasks) and a MacBook Pro (for my more everyday tasks). I have a 4 port usb switch to very quickly swap 4 devices plugged into those ports between the two compute tiers. The 4 devices are an Anne Pro 2 RGB backlit keyboard, an Elgato Stream Deck, a Logitech Brio 4K webcam, and the Revelator io24. I can only replicate the above when when I am using most of the above devices at the same time (which I frequently am), and I’ll get into the why next.

Now, to my empirical and quantitative evidence. Through some testing with a few in-line USB meters (noted below) I have determined that the above noise starts when the voltage provided at the Revelator’s USB input drops below about 4.4 V. Going lower only makes it even more pronounced (louder). At 4.3V it is at the point where I’d consider it annoying but not quite horrible. Around 4.2V and below it is downright horrible. I honestly can’t decide if it’s more annoying than the pulsing noise the previous unit had. For reference, the above recording was made when there was about 4.1V at the Revelator’s USB-C Input (ie, about as bad as I can get it). I’ve also had it effectively reboot itself while I was in the middle of a conference call. That was pleasant and only led to a little bit of a scramble to move my headphones to my laptop’s direct output and my mic to my webcam (heavy sarcasm, but the facts are accurate).

I also tested my previous io24 (the that I haven't shipped back yet, which still has the pulsing noise on the outputs). It behaves even more strangely at lower voltages. It can't even start up properly at below around 4.6V (see the video below of what it does), which the newer unit does not exhibit. If I keep the voltage high enough to get it started and then drop the voltage down to the same 4.1-4.4V in my tests on the other unit, I can hear an identical noise on the input. The pulsing noise obfuscates it on the output though I suspect it is still there.
phpBB [video]

Now before you reply to point out that those voltages are way out of spec, I know they are, please hear me out. First, to give you some context on my background and experience (not to boast) I was certified computer technician for 5 years, I now have a masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and I have designed and soldered my share of PCBs and assorted circuits.

The USB 2.0 spec is 5V with +/- 0.25V being quite acceptable (maybe more if considering signal losses along cables as well). Issues with my previous Revelator io24 aside, my newer/replacement one seems to perform well when above 4.5V, which I recognize is another 0.25V below the 4.75-5.25 range, so obviously the voltages I’m seeing above aren’t ideal, but I’m honestly not knowledgeable enough to say if that is something the Revelator io24 should handle more gracefully than it is, and that is the fundamental question in my mind. Most people won't go through all the work I did to figure those ranges out and realize its a voltage problem; they'll just plug it in and hear some strange noise or see it not starting up properly. Others will never have any issues at all, especially if they're plugging directly into a quality computer and not using very many other peripherals (my testing supports this)

The only somewhat fair comparison I have is to my previous audio interface: a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2. It doesn't have all the fancy DSP features nor a nice display screen, but it's reliable. I pulled it out to test in the same low voltage circumstances; I’d never noticed an issue before but my desk setup changed at the same time so I thought it deserved a like for like test. I loaded up the USB switch as much as I could and got the input on the Komplete Audio 2 down to around 4.2V and it was…. dead silent! There is literally no way I would ever notice even a hint of a difference. It was fully powered on and functioned perfectly, even at that low voltage. My other USB devices (noted above) are by default also operating at those same voltage levels but they don’t have any sort of debilitating issue! It is possible that any issues my other devices could have would be less obvious, due to the nature of the devices, but even when looking for issue, the only one I noticed is a slight change in the screens on my Stream Deck. That doesn’t affect its functionality as far as I can tell so I can’t say I care. My keyboard and webcam are both solid in all circumstances.

Summary

So I’m left pondering a few questions:
  • Why can all of my other USB devices and my old interface handle a much wider range of voltages than the Revelator io24?
  • How low of a voltage should the Revelator io24 handle gracefully?
  • Am I unreasonable to expect it to perform at least on par to my previous audio interface, even at a lower than ideal voltage?

I don't have the answers to these, so I’d be happy to hear any input, but I think I can safely say I am yet again disappointed with my experience with this product so far. I have already sent an email with a shorter version of this post to my contact at PreSonus. I will update when I get a reply (I suspect tomorrow as he’s generally extremely responsive, sometimes at what I’d consider absurd hours to still be working)

[collapse]Notes:
  • I used these 2 in-line USB testers from Amazon to measure the voltages above: link 1 and link 2
  • I followed the advice of js132 and grabbed a different USB-A to USB-C cable. It made no appreciable difference in my testing. I saw about 0.1V drop from end to end using either cable with a 0.4A current (the most I've seen the Revelator io24 draw).
  • I also have a y-splitter like js132 recommended arriving tomorrow. I expect it will help but only by nature of it supplying more power to hopefully keep the voltage a little higher, at least above the apparent 4.5V threshold for this unit. That still doesn’t answer the fundamental questions.

I'll continue to check back in every so often to see how you're all getting on, but as for me; I am satisfied with my care.
by jh0st on Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:33 pm
The previous 2 comments (mine and Mark's) are about replacement units we received from PreSonus that seem to have completely solved the pulsing noise. Hard to quantify the very limited white noise that remains on those units.

I agree that a secondary power supply would have been good, but I'm actually happy it's USB-A as I cannot use USB-C in my use case. Maybe both options would be even better USB-C to USB-C wouldn't require a power supply but USB-C to USB-A would?

---
Great to hear your problem was solved. Same here and I take it all back... (see original review archived in thread).
The good folks at PreSonus humbly admitted that the headphone and output noise issue was a grounding problem and promptly replaced my unit. I can say after hours of testing they have 100% solved the problem.

As I mentioned, I wanted to love this product because of its built-in DSP functionality and fat channel. Now I can say that I do!

I expected the headphone amp to still have a bit of white noise at full volume (don't they all?), but it is WICKED quiet now. The difference with the new fix is night and day. The inputs also have more life and 'air' to them. That could be because previously the white noise was masking the high-end, but to my ears solving the grounding issue may have also effected overall performance..? Previously, there was an ugly 'ducking' effect (pun ;-} with the high-end when the signal was too hot. I assumed this was a built-in function to deal with bad preamps (yes, I had the fat channel and all DSP effects off). That's why I had previously commented on the low dynamic range. But this issue is also gone! The preamp sounds airy and precise and handles dynamic, punchy signal effortlessly.

Although the original defects should not made it to market in the first place, a big thanks to PreSonus to listening to its customers. Companies make mistakes and kudos to them for owning up to them.
by josephskinner3 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:42 am
Having the same issue. I do believe this is a driver issue añd needs to be addressed by Presonus.
by paulwinkler on Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:42 am
Same issue here.
I uploaded a Youtube video of the headphone output physically connected to the front panel input jacks. Very loud this way due to enabling normalization when I exported the file, so it demonstrates what it sounds like in my headphones, just much louder.
https://youtu.be/vuCMSpf75bk

I contacted support. They asked for a recording as evidence. I wasn't able to get an audible recording with a microphone pointed at the headphones, so I made the above. They then offered an expedited repair with shipping paid for both ways. That's OK with me. I'll report back how that goes.
by qxakiazl on Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:05 am
I received a replacement unit from my retailer today (manufacturing date C012132) and am happy to confirm that the issue seems to have been resolved. PreSonus support also confirmed to me that all units provided to retailers these days should no longer exhibit the issue.

I'm sure that this caused quite a few headaches, so I'm happy to see such a quick turnaround on a rather significant and widespread issue. :+1
by Trucky on Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:57 pm
qxakiazl wroteI received a replacement unit from my retailer today (manufacturing date C012132) and am happy to confirm that the issue seems to have been resolved. PreSonus support also confirmed to me that all units provided to retailers these days should no longer exhibit the issue.

I'm sure that this caused quite a few headaches, so I'm happy to see such a quick turnaround on a rather significant and widespread issue. :+1

Thanks for reporting the latest status on this!
Glad to hear that PreSonus has corrected the issue

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by goldwyntagud on Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:37 pm
I got my io24 a few days ago..

Looked at what I could find regarding noise issues..

Mine does have that high pitched sound wave type sound... gets masked by anything that plays but its just annoying hearing that when nothing is playing. I think this is what they call, the sound you hear when you have tinnitus? idno...

The sine wave sound does change in frequency hz with the sample rates..

So from what I read, this is a grounding issue?

The fix is some extra peripherals?
by Trucky on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:01 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Please submit a Support Ticket (see link below in my signature) for this issue.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

101 postsPage 5 of 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6