10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there, I recently got this interface because of the loopback and onboard DSP features. I was using a Scarlett 2i2, which I will use for another computer. This thing is, this interface when connected to my Mac mini (2020 Intel version) doesn't power off when the Mac goes to sleep. The Scarlett did.

I logged a question to Support and they said "We recommend that you disable any sleep states that your mac is using. Sleep states can causes conflicts with peripheral devices.
If you are not using the Revelator io 24 for an extended period of time then we suggest you disconnect the device."

So it would appear that the unit doesn't sense the sleep and shutdown also. I'm not overly worried about that, however I did mention to them that I was concerned about burn-in on the OLED - and I can already see some of the centre dial when on the gain setting screen. I don't know if it would be permanent yet.
I think it would be a good idea to dim that screen or even provide an option to turn it off to prevent burn-in. That said maybe it isn't an issue?

Someone mentioned in another post that they used a USB strip with switches which I will look at. I had always thought that Audio Interfaces should not be plugged into hubs?

Long winded post here, but I wonder if anyone else has had this concern or issue? and how are they managing it?

Thanks all.

Damien R

macOS Big Sur v11.5.1 | Logic Pro v10.6.2 | Universal Control v3.6.0.66460 | Revelator io24 v1.13 | Rode Procaster, Rode NT1, Rode Podmic | Soyuz Launcher | Mac mini 2020 Intel Core i5, 8GB AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Graphics via eGPU, 64GB RAM, 512GB SSD - Melbourne Australia
by Trucky on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:59 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

I'm on Windows 10 so you may want to wait for a response from a Mac user but I agree with what Support told you regarding "disable sleep states". I do that on my system and it works great.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by damienrichardson on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:39 pm
Thanks Trucky!!

I agree that is the best advice for avoiding issues during recording and processing audio, but I like to leave the interface connected 24/7 for convenience (connected to my Eris 3.5 monitors). I was just worried about the OLED being on all the time. At the moment I just pull the USB plug when not at the desk. I have noticed Universal Control doesn't respond when I plug it back in and requires restart. Guess I should close that before pulling plug too.

I'll wait to hear from some other Mac users.

I appreciate the warm welcome.

macOS Big Sur v11.5.1 | Logic Pro v10.6.2 | Universal Control v3.6.0.66460 | Revelator io24 v1.13 | Rode Procaster, Rode NT1, Rode Podmic | Soyuz Launcher | Mac mini 2020 Intel Core i5, 8GB AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Graphics via eGPU, 64GB RAM, 512GB SSD - Melbourne Australia
by 2cool4jewels on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:13 pm
I also leave mine connected and worried about the unit being on all the while. I started the other thread and was told about the usb hub with on/off switches. The usb hub didn't last a week (on/off switch stopped working) and seems to just add another point of potential failure. Hoping they can add some way off turning off the unit via firmware, maybe a long (10 second?) press or something.
by jasongurtz-cayla on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:13 pm
I agree it's an oversight to not have a way to power-off the device. Myself I just leave devices on, though I really wish for an led dimming/off feature and had not even thought of the oled burn-in issue. Particularly the gratuitous and unneeded blue ring around the main dial is really bright when in a darkened room.

--
by DmitrySound on Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:18 am
I agree device needs auto disable screen and controls feature.

For example i have Audinst audio card, it determines computer went to sleep mode and disables his led. Very convinient. Can you add such feature to revelator io 24's firmware as well?
by DmitrySound on Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:49 am
Created feature request, please vote for it
https://answers.presonus.com/73477/auto ... s-sleeping
by Trucky on Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:00 pm
For the past 3 years I've used the following USB powered strip with individual On/Off switches and it works great!

Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G8CMR18

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by dimitarvelev on Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:25 pm
From what I see it is a LED not oled display so no burn in issues are possible
by zshyrtgj on Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:27 am
The way I got around this way to plug my io24 into my monitors usb-c port. This way, it's only ever powered when my monitor is on. It'll even automatically turn off when my screen goes to sleep and turns back on when I move my mouse or press a key.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1