Revelator and Revelator Dynamic Microphones
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I bought this microphone in 2022 and it was probably UCv3 when there was no problem.

Something's wrong is finding that the personal and system presets are gone, and resetting the effect to record has not changed (probably dry sound).

So I uninstalled the old UC and reinstalled the new version, but found that I was forced to update the firmware v1.56 otherwise I couldn't proceed to the next step, so I didn't know if I'd gotten back to normal after the update. I tried different USB port and UC versions.

After searching the internet, I could only download the old version of UC again. I didn't need to update the firmware after installation, but it didn't show any pre-set and didn't respond when I spoke (make sure I deleted all the files left on my computer https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061123852-Manual-Uninstall-of-Universal-Control-on-Windows-10

Thank you.

Attachments
2.png
1.png

Windows 11 pro 64-bit (22H2) || Universal Control v4.0.0.90879
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz RAM16.0 GB
by cassiewong on Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:29 am
This is how I use UC v3.6.

It's strange that I've already uninstalled and deleted all the files I left behind, but the installation of this version is still the same as before. Perhaps this version of the record is saved on the microphone?:(((

Attachments
5.png
4.png
3.png

by SwitchBack on Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:13 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

UC is two things: It's the software and drivers to control your mic from your computer and it's also the container/installer for firmware for your mic. For best results the firmware installed on your mic must match the driver contained in the version of UC installed on your computer. Maybe try the following:
- unplug the mic from the computer and remove UC and drivers from your computer
- restart the computer
- install the latest version of UC from your PreSonus account/Hardware/Revelator
- connect the mic to the computer and see if UC detects it
- if it does and asks you to update the firmware then do so.
by cassiewong on Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:22 pm
SwitchBack wroteHi and welcome to this forum :)

UC is two things: It's the software and drivers to control your mic from your computer and it's also the container for firmware for your mic. For best results the firmware installed on your mic must match the driver contained in the version of UC installed on your computer. Maybe try the following:
- unplug the mic from the computer and remove UC and drivers from your computer
- restart the computer
- install the latest version of UC from your PreSonus account/Hardware/Revelator
- connect the mic to the computer and see if UC detects it
- if it does and asks you to update the firmware then do so.

Thank you for your reply.
I've done all of the above and now the problem is that I've tried many different versions of UC (including the latest ones)
The latest version keeps prompting me that ‘Could not connect to the device’.

by SwitchBack on Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:39 pm
Hmm, have you tried a different USB port? And a different usb cable too? I'm not on Windows myself so I don't know if Windows has any fault finding tools to check connections etc.
by cassiewong on Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:18 pm
SwitchBack wroteHmm, have you tried a different USB port? And a different usb cable too? I'm not on Windows myself so I don't know if Windows has any fault finding tools to check connections etc.

Yes, I tried to change the cable and port, but the result was the same.I'm trying different computers to update my microphone firmware.

Perhaps after I have successfully updated on a computer, can be recognized by UC properly.

by cassiewong on Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:32 pm
Now the latest development is that I succeeded in updating the firmware using my friend's computer. :oops: :oops: :P

To the others:
If you encounter the same problem, you can try to update the firmware on another PC or Mac. After updating the firmware, you can use it normally on your device.

by SwitchBack on Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:02 pm
Well done, enjoy your microphone :)

8 posts
Page 1 of 1