Revelator and Revelator Dynamic Microphones
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I just received my Presonus Revelator USB Mic :+1

I will be testing it soon. It should be a useful addition to my studio tools.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by Trucky on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:35 pm
Enjoy!!!

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by muziksculp on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:26 pm
Trucky wroteEnjoy!!!

I just updated Universal Control to ver. 3.4., and also updated the Revelator's firmware.

I have the Revelator Console open on my screen. Reading the user manual trying to see how to get the Revelators signal into Studio One Pro 5.1.1 , or a step-by-step instructions on getting the Revelator setup in Studio One Pro 5.1.1

I have my Song in S1Pro 5 set at a sampling rate of 48 Khz, , on the Universal Control App. settings when I change the sample rate for Revelator to 48 Khz. it changes to 44.1 Khz. by itself, it won't stay at 48. Khz.

I have the Revelator selected in S1Pro 5, it shows up as 'DSP USB Series' device. in the Audio Setup Options of S1.

I'm still trying to get things to be setup properly, and working in Studio One Pro 5.

Is there a good video tutorial that shows how to setup Revelator with Studio One Pro 5. ?

Any feedback on the sample rate issue I'm having, and how to fix it would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by muziksculp on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:47 pm
Hi,

OK.. Got it working now.

I had to quit Studio One Pro 5, set the sampling rate to 48 Khz. in Universal Control. Then launch Studio One Pro, set the audio interface to the Presonus USB DSP Series (which is the Revelator).

If I set the Sampling Rate in UC while S1 is running, it will revert to 44.1 Khz. , so now I know. Hope this is helpful for other Revelator users.

I will be testing it more when using a second application like Camtasia Studio for Video Capture of Studio One Pro 5.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

by muziksculp on Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:30 am
Hi,

I'm really loving this mic.

imho. it is a revolutionary USB-Mic. with a built-in DSP chip, and Loopback mixer. Well built, easy to use, and sounds very good.

I also was able to set it up to be used for recording my voice, and route Studio One Pro 5's audio into Camtasia Studio when making a Video Capture of Studio One. Makes things more streamlined. I don't have to use Virtual Audio applications like Voice-Meter, or others to accomplish this.

I don't do much Zoom Conferencing, but if I need to, the Revelator will come in handy, also good for Podcasting.

Presonus deserves an Innovation Prize for making the Revelator, this unique, and very useful USB Mic. Even the name they chose is super cool.

Thank You Presonus. You ROCK :+1

Cheers,
Muziksculp

5 posts
Page 1 of 1