7 posts
Page 1 of 1
If my ATOM SQ is setup in External Devices with the ATOM SQ preset in the predefined device list, the Pad Configuration "Layout/Scale" screen remains greyed out and unable to change.

If I setup my ATOM SQ is setup in External Devices with the New Keyboard preset in the predefined device list, I'm then able to change the Pad Configuration Pad Configuration "Layout/Scale" screen but other features are not even available.

I've searched the manual, watched YouTube videos, etc and cannot figure out how to activate the Pad Configuration "Layout/Scale" screen.

I'm using the current ATOM SQ firmware and the current version of SO5. I've tried Removing the ATOM SQ from the External Device screen, then re-adding with no luck. Even removed it from the MAC MIDI setup window.

Regards,
Byron Santo

iMac Pro (Studio), 3.2Ghz 8-Core Intel Xeon 64Gb RAM / MacBook Air M1 (For Live Use) 16Gb RAM / StudioLive 32R & StudioLive 32
by MarkusHassold on Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:00 am
Same problem here. Firmware 1.17
I find no way to set my pads to a keyboard setup they simply represent a line tones going up in two rows. So it is set to continuous although the layout is set to keyboard. But the whole page is greyed out.

Also there is no way to set the Controller to any other mode. Other than the manual claims the setup dialogue only has two pages.

MacBookPro 16" M1-Max 32 GB RAM 24C-grafics 1TB, using a 32" Samsung 4K display with Presonus Quantum 2626
MacOS 14 Sonoma (always latest version)
External harddiscs Samsung T7 or Sandisc Extreme USB-C or WD-Black 3.5" - 7200 rpm on USB 3.0 (connected via OWC-TB-4-dock)

Presonus Studio One Pro 6.X (latest version);
Celemony Melodyne Studio 5; Softube Console1 MK II (always latest versions)
PreSonus Faderport 8, PreSonus Atom, Atom SQ
by ByronSanto on Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:56 pm
Thanks for confirming that Markus!

Oh, and I even tried switching between Piano Roll View and Drum View with no luck.

Regards,
Byron Santo

iMac Pro (Studio), 3.2Ghz 8-Core Intel Xeon 64Gb RAM / MacBook Air M1 (For Live Use) 16Gb RAM / StudioLive 32R & StudioLive 32
by MarkusHassold on Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:25 am
If there is no way to fix it, I luckily still can send the Controller back to the dealer. This way it's trash. Hope there is a fix.

MacBookPro 16" M1-Max 32 GB RAM 24C-grafics 1TB, using a 32" Samsung 4K display with Presonus Quantum 2626
External harddiscs Samsung T7 or Sandisc Extreme USB-C or WD-Black 3.5" - 7200 rpm on USB 3.0 (connected via OWC-TB-4-dock)

by ByronSanto on Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:36 am
I'm gonna guess there's a fix coming soon. I've been a SO user since version 1 and Presonus is really good about fixing things that worked then broke after an update.

Regards,
Byron Santo

by MarkusHassold on Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:57 pm
I talked to someone who knows how it works. Now it does here too. Thanks to Thomas!
Everything worked fine, as soon as I switched the track monitoring on. The blue light on the track header does the trick. 8-)

But it was not in the documentation - was it? :reading: :readit: :punk:

The controller is great indeed.

by BobF on Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:54 pm
I just got an SQ a few days ago and even though I had already read this, the Monitor state has bit me several times. I may have to break down and set Monitor to follow selection ;)

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ

7 posts
Page 1 of 1