6 posts
Page 1 of 1
HELLO GREGOR!!! I watch you use Atom SQ in your videos, how do you deal with this shortcoming?

I've posted about this early on and am surprised after 9 months there has been no fix or discussion. Maybe I'm missing something so I would love to have a straight up answer on this. Apologies in advance if I'm unaware of a fix but I want to use this as a midi controller OUTSIDE of Studio One.

The pitch bend buttons and aftertouch messages from the pads are not on the same midi channel. I have not found any way to change either one. Why is this? At a minimum, they should all track the midi channel assigned to the pads. This should be a simple fix if flexible channel assignments are not possible.

Why would I NOT want to use aftertouch when playing the pads on channel 1 so I can use pitch bend? Why would I NOT want to use the pitch bend when playing the pads on channel 10 so I can use aftertouch? Channel 10 is typically the drum channel, who is using aftertouch on drums?

I don't understand why ATOM SQ was designed this way and remains unfixed going on a year. :shock:

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I5-8400 with 8 Gb DDR4 / 16 Gb Optane, Steinberg UR12, Atom SQ, Launchpad X, Lightpad M Blocks, Studio One 5, Unify
by jonemery on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:23 pm
I guess I'm the only person trying to using Atom SQ as a midi controller without using S1? This is the default midi mode when not connected to S1 or Live. Such a shame, a nice controller with an inexplicable design flaw that seems like it could be easily remedied.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I5-8400 with 8 Gb DDR4 / 16 Gb Optane, Steinberg UR12, Atom SQ, Launchpad X, Lightpad M Blocks, Studio One 5, Unify
by mycbeats on Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:19 am
Its most likely a requirement of the MPE standard to have them separated since it runs occupies several midi channels.

Toronto, Canada
Project engineer by day, sound connoisseur by night.

Main Rig: Windows 11 (21H2) 64-bit, Ryzen 3900x, 32GB RAM, RTX 2060, dual 4K Monitors
Presonus 192, Faderport v2, Atom SQ, Akai Advance 49, Keystation 61 mk3, 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini + way too many synths.

Mobile Rig: MBP M1/16GB, Atom SQ, IOstation
by brianfrank7 on Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:36 pm
I agree this is a major bug in Atom SQ that must be fixed.

Let's be clear, Polyphonic Key Pressure (Aftertouch) & MPE are 2 different things, and Atom SQ is not an MPE controller. The Atom SQ sends Polyphonic Key Pressure (Aftertouch) which part of the MIDI 1.0 spec. The problem is Atom SQ sends notes on channel 1 but the polyAT messages on channel 10. This violates the MIDI 1.0 spec & does NOT work with Ableton Live & other devices that expect the messags to be on the same channel.

PreSonus please fix this bug, it ruins the best feature of the Atom SQ.
by PreAl on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:08 pm
I assume somebody created a ticket for this?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by wollewolf on Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:47 pm
No more information out this problem?

That's curious...

Greets

Wolle

6 posts
Page 1 of 1