6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can we get device (SQ and ATOM) to be off or in standby mode? It's kind of crazy that the unit is lit up like a XMAS tree the whole entire time your computer is on. There has to be a way to have the unit in standby like with MASCHINE when it's not in use.

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Model: BIOSTAR TP67XE
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3299 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.4, 5/4/2012
SMBIOS: 2.7
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory: 16.3 GB
Audio: Komplete Audio 6 WDM Audio
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (v. 9.18.13.3788)
by SMcNamara on Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:05 pm
GB4double wroteCan we get device (SQ and ATOM) to be off or in standby mode? It's kind of crazy that the unit is lit up like a XMAS tree the whole entire time your computer is on. There has to be a way to have the unit in standby like with MASCHINE when it's not in use.

As this request has been made for a long time without any word from Presonus, I bought an inexpensive midi "switch" that turns the SQ power off easily. I think it was around $5 so you might consider that while we all wait...and wait...and wait.

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by robertgray3 on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:50 am
It is quite impressive how many feature additions, velocity fixes, and updates have come since the original ATOM and none of them offer a mode to disable the lights temporarily, despite it being asked about probably the first month or two it came out.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Jemusic on Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:56 pm
With SQ you can go into Setup mode and set the key and display led light levels. Right down to zero if you want. But it will be back next time it boots up.

Try a different port too. On my wife's laptop we have Revelator USB microphone connected. Most of her USB ports keep it on even after powering off but there is one port that in fact powers down fully.

On my tower computer, I have got one port that powers ATOM down completely but all the others are ON all the time.

The USB power switch is not a bad way to go either.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by PreAl on Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:26 pm
robertgray3 wroteIt is quite impressive how many feature additions, velocity fixes, and updates have come since the original ATOM and none of them offer a mode to disable the lights temporarily, despite it being asked about probably the first month or two it came out.

Agreed.
I did buy USB switches in the end. It still really p1sses me off that more and more hardware is supplied without on/off buttons :?

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by robertgray3 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:46 pm
PreAl wroteIt still really p1sses me off that more and more hardware is supplied without on/off buttons :?

Absolutely. My Launchpad Pro Mk III isn't cheap- it's Novation's top of the line one- and even that only has some cheesy key combination that kills the lights until you press another button.

From talking with an engineer the internals for devices like this supposedly last longer if they're never turned on and off. I wonder if that's behind it, or perhaps the push towards "as thin as possible" means manufacturers are sacrificing the thickness necessary for a solid and secure switch.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

6 posts
Page 1 of 1