3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Something odd happened. I sometimes use SQ to just play around with patches in Unify. I started up Unify as usual and played the SQ but no notes were sounding although I could see midi activity. I opened the midi monitor and the pads were only transmitting aftertouch data, no note on/off data was being sent. I unplugged SQ and restarted software, no change. I looked at the Edit screen and saw it was on preset 17, pad channel was 255. This obviously wasn't a setting from me.

I selected the preset and tried to dial down to 1 but when doing so, the screen flashes and appears to reset. But then it said "updating firmware - 0%" and stayed that way. So I ran the universal control software and let it update firmware (it asked to do so when I ran it). The SQ responded and progressed but at the end, universal control said it lost communication although SQ now appeared ok. However, it was still stuck on preset 17 with channel 255. I did another firmware update, success. Everything looked ok from universal control but still on preset 17, channel 255. Attempting to change preset did same thing, screen flash, reset, "updating firmware - 0%".

I went through the whole procedure again, same results. This time, I did NOT attempt to change preset and instead did a restore default. That appears to have fixed the problem.

So has anyone else had this type of experience? It is a bit unusual and has me concerned there is a problem somewhere in the SQ.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I5-8400 with 8 Gb DDR4 / 16 Gb Optane, Steinberg UR12, Atom SQ, Launchpad X, Lightpad M Blocks, Studio One 5, Unify
by oscargarza3 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:06 am
Super weird. If it happens again, make sure to log a support ticket with PreSonus so that the issue can be tracked and checked out.
by jonemery on Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 pm
Will do, though I'm hoping it doesn't. I was beginning to think it was bricked. Very odd for something just sitting there.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Intel I5-8400 with 8 Gb DDR4 / 16 Gb Optane, Steinberg UR12, Atom SQ, Launchpad X, Lightpad M Blocks, Studio One 5, Unify

3 posts
Page 1 of 1