6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there no way on the SQ to adjust panning for a track? Either I'm blind or that's a major oversight...
by Jemusic on Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:16 pm
Any of the SQ knobs can be assigned to PAN. You just have to set it up in Studio One first.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by briansmith56 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:29 pm
But what if you just want to adjust the pain on the track that you're on. Why would I want to set a dedicated pan for each track? And what happens if I have more than eight tracks? I thought this was supposed to be deep studio one integration. Even basic dog control includes the pan. We have track relevant volume mute and solo and no pan? There has to be a better way than this. Please advise.
by robertgray3 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:39 pm
briansmith56 wroteBut what if you just want to adjust the pain on the track that you're on. Why would I want to set a dedicated pan for each track? And what happens if I have more than eight tracks? I thought this was supposed to be deep studio one integration. Even basic dog control includes the pan. We have track relevant volume mute and solo and no pan? There has to be a better way than this. Please advise.

If you use Ableton Live the Atom SQ maps to the mixer controls by default! :mrgreen:

It's kind of odd that from the manual Ableton Live has much deeper mixer integration with the Atoms than Studio One does.

I understand that they're assuming everyone is going to purchase a Faderport, but I thought an Atom for on the go production would be cool until I noticed that. Chose not to purchase one as a result.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:21 pm
briansmith56 wroteBut what if you just want to adjust the pain on the track that you're on. Why would I want to set a dedicated pan for each track? And what happens if I have more than eight tracks? I thought this was supposed to be deep studio one integration. Even basic dog control includes the pan. We have track relevant volume mute and solo and no pan? There has to be a better way than this. Please advise.

I'm a cynic, that side of me says that is why they want you to buy the faderport 8

Bye......:roll:
by rossamazan on Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:43 pm
inlight-toneq wroteIs there no way on the SQ to adjust panning for a track? Either I'm blind or that's a major oversight...

I finally found the answer to this....

We can change the touchstrip to control the pan of the selected track by selecting 'INST' > page 3 > Strip > Ch.Pan.

Et voila!

I found it in this video:
https://youtu.be/AAlww3zZVBc?t=60

6 posts
Page 1 of 1