9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all.

I am about to press go on an SQ but have held back because the specs state the SQ needs S15 to integrate properly. I alreeady own S14 Pro and feel a tad irritated that the SQ will not fully work with my copy.

Does anyone know what I will be missing when I run an SQ on S14 pro please??

I appreciate the SQ comes with S15 Artist adition but I use scratch pads a lot and dont want to lose them. I feel getting Artist is fantastic for new S1 users but what about us already loyal customers.
I own and have owned a load or presonus products over the years and will most likely be choosing presonus for my next monitor purchase in a month or so.
by johnnygeib2 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:59 pm
I did some testing with the Atom SQ and Version 4.6 and it does not work at all. You can't even set it up as generic MIDI as far as I can see. Not even the MIDI learn option works. Wish I had better news.

Johnny

by Jemusic on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:18 pm
The System Requirements for ATOM SQ do say Studio One V5 or higher.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by craigbuy on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:53 am
Thanks for your replies.

I have to say I think it stinks.
Of course I fully intend updating to five at some point but I dont like being pressured to do so, especially when my studio is getting ever fuller of Presonus products. I doubt there is any reason Atom SQ couldnt have been made play well with S1 4 pro.

I think Presonus should offer a larger upgrade discount to Studio One 4 pro users who buy Atom sq
by Bbd on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:50 am
Presonus is not pressuring anyone to do anything.
;)

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by oscargarza3 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:41 am
The ATOM SQ absolutely works as a standard MIDI controller in Studio One 4 (or even earlier versions). Set it up as a "New Keyboard" and make sure that the send and receive ports are set to ATOM SQ. You won't get all the cool, direct integration that you get in Studio One 5+, but you can map out the device to key commands and plugin parameters. Plus, the ATOM SQ has built in Scale modes that you can use in Studio One (or any application) as well. If you wanted to get fancy, you could also put ATOM SQ into MCU control mode, set up a Mackie>"Control" in Studio One and set the ports to ATOM SQ Control or MIDI2 on Windows. This way, the transport is automapped (for the most part) and you also get commands like Solo, Mute, etc., from ATOM SQ. You will also still need to have the "New Keyboard" setup as described above in addition to MCU.
by johnnygeib2 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:44 pm
oscargarza3 wroteThe ATOM SQ absolutely works as a standard MIDI controller in Studio One 4 (or even earlier versions). Set it up as a "New Keyboard" and make sure that the send and receive ports are set to ATOM SQ. You won't get all the cool, direct integration that you get in Studio One 5+, but you can map out the device to key commands and plugin parameters. Plus, the ATOM SQ has built in Scale modes that you can use in Studio One (or any application) as well. If you wanted to get fancy, you could also put ATOM SQ into MCU control mode, set up a Mackie>"Control" in Studio One and set the ports to ATOM SQ Control or MIDI2 on Windows. This way, the transport is automapped (for the most part) and you also get commands like Solo, Mute, etc., from ATOM SQ. You will also still need to have the "New Keyboard" setup as described above in addition to MCU.

I tried this several times and it did not work here. I'm not sure what you did differently but I can say so far no go on Studio One 4. I will look into the other modes on the Atom and see what works. I appreciate your info :)

by oscargarza3 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:52 pm
I've also tested here on v4.6 and have had others verify as well. I am curious as to what the issue is with your system. I'll get with you to try and troubleshoot. ATOM SQ is just a regular MIDI controller outside of Studio One 5.
by craigbuy on Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:10 am
Appologies.... Forced is possibly too strong a word and I could have chose better.

I have purchased an Atom SQ today..... I will see how it goes without the scratch pads for a wee while. Choosing buying and paying for a pair of new monitors is my next priority.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1