8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just got my Atom SQ today and so far I'm really enjoying it - build quality feels solid, pads (while smaller) I'd say are on par with my MPC Live, knobs all feel great. I'm loving being able to add and build drum patterns and can see it already speeding up my workflow quite a bit. As far as I can tell right now, if I want to edit velocity on a pattern, I've got to either turn on step record and play each step from the note pads in the pattern editor (still an alright way to go), or build each lane and then use my mouse to edit velocity after. For step repeat and probability, that looks like entirely mouse functions.

This isn't a deal breaker for me by any means, but it would definitely be cool to get some options for those functions in a future firmware update -- whether it's another page on the edit menu, shift commands, or a combination of both.
by robertgray3 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:50 pm
michaelnolen wroteJust got my Atom SQ today and so far I'm really enjoying it - build quality feels solid, pads (while smaller) I'd say are on par with my MPC Live, knobs all feel great. I'm loving being able to add and build drum patterns and can see it already speeding up my workflow quite a bit. As far as I can tell right now, if I want to edit velocity on a pattern, I've got to either turn on step record and play each step from the note pads in the pattern editor (still an alright way to go), or build each lane and then use my mouse to edit velocity after. For step repeat and probability, that looks like entirely mouse functions.

This isn't a deal breaker for me by any means, but it would definitely be cool to get some options for those functions in a future firmware update -- whether it's another page on the edit menu, shift commands, or a combination of both.

Cool idea. Make the request on the Presonus Answers website. This forum is for users offering support to each other.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by craigbuy on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:57 am
Hi. I have only just got my SQ and I'm loving it already.

I am almost surprised that editing probability/repeat etc isnt implemented out of the box.
I really hope this gets added soon.

I feel the best way to implement this could be:
Hold shift & press & hold the relevent step.
While still pressing the step button turn pot/knob 1,2.3 or 4 to edit the velocity etc etc amounts.
by craigbuy on Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:39 am
I have been trying to manually map these fuctions but cannot find them.

Is it possible to manually mapp step automation velocity/probability/delay/repeat functions to a controller??

This is my first time manually midi mapping & I deffinitely could be looking in the wrong place.

Cheers all

Craig
by Baphometrix on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:05 am
All mapping of instrument or insert device parameters to controllers is done through the "Control Link" feature of Studio One. Search the help for "control link" and you'll find the topic explaining how it works. It's pretty elegant, actually.

Sadly, Control Link only maps automation parameters for Instruments and Plugins. It doesn't map CLIP "automation lanes" like Delay, Probability, Velocity, and Repeat.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by craigbuy on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:05 am
Hi thanks for that.

Sad that those parameters cannot be mapped... Yet
Happy that I now know how to midi map & control link. You are right it is very elegant.

I think the SQ is a really nice product but as I already own an ATOm & a Beatstep Pro I am leaning towards returning it while I still have the option. Full control off patterns was the reason I bought it and I feel repeat, velocity, delay etc are quite a large part of getting interesting results with the pattern editor. Perhaps I expected too much but I was really hoping the SQ would give Studio One a real standalone groovebox feel at least where patterns are concerned, it comes close but for me it's not quite there yet.

I really look forwards to new firmware & S1 control link options... fingers crossed it will be soon.
by craigbuy on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:40 pm
I have decided I will keep the SQ.. I set myself a task of building and arranging a project without touching the mouse and fair play you really can get quite far. Firmware 1.12 update yesterday gave me a nice warm reassuring feeling that boffins at Presonus will be beavering away bringing improvements for a good while yet.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record pattern editing/step sequencing is pretty much pointless without velocity. Yes I know that you can go into the instrument screen and edit the amp there but come on guys. The SQ's main feature according to first bit of text on the SQ product page is "TR style step sequencing"

I really feel that when it comes to the SQ adding per step velocity should be your absolute priority. And while you are at it you may as well do repeat, delay etc etc too.

If you sort this quickly I will love you forever and never whinge or moan again ever. I will jump on a plain and make you all breakfast in bed for a week and whatever else you want.

Thank you all.
by Carsten01 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:06 pm
I ran into that same problem and it would be cool, if this feature would be implemented in a future release.

edit:

Here is a feature request, so please upvote guys.

https://answers.presonus.com/60565/make ... 565#q60565

Studio One Pro 5.2
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 32GB DDR4 3600MHz - 1TB SSD Interface: Steinberg UR 22
Faderport V2 / Atom SQ

8 posts
Page 1 of 1