5 posts
Page 1 of 1
As I read the manual (and have seen in a video or two), the Arpeggiator only works in "green" mode but not locked to S1 in "blue" mode -- is this correct? If so, is it because the SQ arpeggiator is exactly like the one in the Note FX?

Thanks.

Windows 10 64-bit | Studio One Pro (newest update at time of posting the message) | 8 cores | 16GB Ram | Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface (2nd Gen) | Presonus Eris E44 Monitors | Atom SQ | Roland VG-99 | EZBass, EZKeys 2, Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 3, various other virtual instruments | a surfeit of guitars and third-party plugins :)

Newest release, using Studio One

Other music created in Studio One
by db38 on Sat May 29, 2021 1:53 am
A rather late response (and I emphasise response, as it is not an answer, or at least not a useful one per se) but yes, what you are saying appears to be the case.

I can't believe I didn't notice this before. What is the point of this? If the SQ has "internal" arp functionality, why can't I access it. I just keep finding things that diminish the benefits of this device. No, I am not saying the SQ doesn't add 'anything' to my setup (I can create posts listing the features I find useful if anyone thinks I am being too negative, but I am quite sure it would be no less dull a read than this) but having a device with an internal arp I can't use, coloured pads I cannot assign, and a flexible layout that I cannot remap just seems plain daft.
by robertgray3 on Sat May 29, 2021 8:44 am
db38 wroteA rather late response (and I emphasise response, as it is not an answer, or at least not a useful one per se) but yes, what you are saying appears to be the case.

I can't believe I didn't notice this before. What is the point of this? If the SQ has "internal" arp functionality, why can't I access it. I just keep finding things that diminish the benefits of this device. No, I am not saying the SQ doesn't add 'anything' to my setup (I can create posts listing the features I find useful if anyone thinks I am being too negative, but I am quite sure it would be no less dull a read than this) but having a device with an internal arp I can't use, coloured pads I cannot assign, and a flexible layout that I cannot remap just seems plain daft.

The point is probably so a user in another DAW (likely Live since it integrates with that) can have an arp without NoteFX. It’s probably disabled in S1 so the user uses NoteFX instead of two separate arps.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by db38 on Sat May 29, 2021 9:06 pm
Quite possibly.

But why? (I'm not sure I see there being 2 separate Arp options as a negative).

I can't think of anything gained by disabling the SQ Arp in S1. And it's much more of a pain if I want to trigger multiple layered instruments with 1 Arp. Yes I 'can' achieve this, and in more than 1 way, but none is as simple as it would have been if the SQ's Arp was active.
by axelmoreau1 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:34 am
Yeah as an Artist user I was pretty bummed. The arp will work with ableton but won't with my S1 artist cause the arp button is a dead button for me. I can't justify getting S1 pro just for an arp...

5 posts
Page 1 of 1