3 posts
Page 1 of 1
The SQ is awesome. However, I still find it very frustrating with Presonus does not allow us to map and change pad colors for non-Presonus VST. Seems like they could pull this information from pitch name file that is associated with a third-party plug-ins. Perhaps a future update. Just going by blue and green in midi mode is way too confusing
by chrisfocke on Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:50 pm
How is it possible to change the colors on this Atom SQ ?

Im only getting white colors when not on a vst plugin .. is there some of a button combination like there was on the regular Atom ?

by db38 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:48 am
Have to agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

I had just 'assumed' that the pad colours would be customizable. (And yet I always preach that one shouldn't assume !!).

I hadn't spent as much time with the SQ (OR S1) as I would have liked, but I sat down today to set up some external drum maps and couldn't believe I couldn't set the pad colours. This seems additionally strange given that it IS possible to define colours per sound(note) in the pattern editor (drum/pad mode). Not sure what this is for then really. Perhaps the original ATOM responds to these (I will not "assume" that it does).

Whilst I also use impact, it is quite disappointing that I cannot replicate the colour scheme I have used there when using other drum sources.

Fingers crossed for an update to provide ( or dare I say "fix") this.

P.S. outside of pattern mode I can faff a solution by enabling two tracks with focus on the Impact track so that I inherit the Impact colours but trigger an alternate source. Lots of limitations in doing this though.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1