190 postsPage 10 of 10
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
shadiradio wroteIf it does start double triggering again for you, I'd love to see the timestamps from the midi output readout.

Definitely :thumbup:
by Fornicras on Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:22 am
Posting here because I might need this thread when I get Atom SQ.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by PreAl on Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:31 am
Fornicras wrotePosting here because I might need this thread when I get Atom SQ.

This isn't Facebook. You can subscribe on threads if necessary (as you can on Facebook). Can you imagine how this thread would turn out if we all did this? Just hit the eyeball icon at the bottom Thx.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Fornicras on Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:18 am
PreAl wrote
Fornicras wrotePosting here because I might need this thread when I get Atom SQ.

This isn't Facebook. You can subscribe on threads if necessary (as you can on Facebook). Can you imagine how this thread would turn out if we all did this? Just hit the eyeball icon at the bottom Thx.

I didn't know that, thank you.
Also, got Atom SQ 2 days ago. Did not have any double triggering yet but pads don't feel sensitive as much as they advertised.

I'm not sure if I should return it and get Atom Pad instead.

Using Studio One 6 (Always the latest version)

System
i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, 34" 4K Display & 55" 4K Professional Display, Windows 10
Studio I/O
Lewitt LCT-440, Yamaha HS7, PreSonus Studio 1824c, Beyerdynamics DT1990, Audio Technica M50X
Studio Gear
Arturia Keylab 88 MK2, Atom Pad, Atom SQ
Instruments
Cordoba GK Studio, Takamine GJ72CE, Godin Session, Yamaha F310

R&B Singer / Songwriter / Producer
Website
by axelmoreau1 on Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:26 pm
Hello there,

Just chiming in to give my feedback as a beginner. The Atom SQ is I must say pretty great at what it proposes. But as people have said here, the pads are NOT sensitive enough. I compared it to a regular cheap midi keyboard I got. And I have to tap pretty hard to get the same velocity as a key. Maybe like twice as hard...

It's very disappointing because I very much like what it proposes. A compact midi controller that does a lot and integrates pretty well. Even though I'm missing some step record shortcuts.

Anyone found a solution for these wacky pads ? I'm on latest firmware.
by ianpalmer2 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:01 am
Just got my Atom SQ, and having the same problem as the above: pads are nowhere near sensitive enough (especially - it seems - the lower row). Really disappointing, because the rest of it works great/seems amazing, but it's almost unusable for me as an instrument.

:(
by axelmoreau1 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:21 pm
ianpalmer2 wroteJust got my Atom SQ, and having the same problem as the above: pads are nowhere near sensitive enough (especially - it seems - the lower row). Really disappointing, because the rest of it works great/seems amazing, but it's almost unusable for me as an instrument.

:(

I found a workaround that's been mentionned in the comments. I usually place my fingers at the top or the bottom of the pads. That way I don't need to hit them hard. Hopefully it works for you as well !
by deniskkkkkk on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:40 am
Mine Atom was collecting dust for a year, I given it another try today with updating firmware to the latest and can confirm:
- it still triggering double notes with "full level" on/off
- softest sensitivity available is very hard to trigger pads
- pads are less sensitive at it's middle

If u put 2 fingers together and slap the pads with the both fingertips it somehow works better but overall I don't think this sensitivity problem is related to the firmware...

Probably all the budget was spent to device design instead of usability.
Anyway I got much better devices so rip Presonus going to sell my unit.

Ableton 11, Reaper 6, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, 64Gb, Focal Solo6 BE + Sub6
Access Virus TI, LinnStrument, Novation Launchkey 37, Novation Zero SL Mk2, PreSonus Atom, UAD-2 Solo DSP
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier + Mesa 4x12 Slant cabinet, Godin LGXT, Gibson Studio, ESP LTD 1000, ESP LTD 1001
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:10 pm
Wake the dead :lol:

I don't understand this still after all this time. NEVER happens here UNLESS, "I" trigger something incorrectly. That unfortunately happens more than I'd like. The pad are really sensitive, if you are not perfect, this will happen.

Now, I'm not dismissing this. I can only go by what is happening to me, I use EVERY day.

Bye......:roll:
by williamstewart14 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:08 pm
I'm having the opposite - I'm suprised that I need a medium tap even with LOW threshold set. Worse the trigger sensitivity is clearly even higher on a few of the pads ie the trigger sensitivity is not uniformly calibrated access the pads.

190 postsPage 10 of 10
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10