7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Got my new ATOM SQ yesterday and went through a frustrating couple hours of trying to get Universal Control to "see" the ATOM SQ and potentially update its firmware. Finally discovered that despite the Owners Manual stating (on page 3) that:

During installation, you will be given the option to install various PreSonus
audio drivers. No driver installation is required to use the ATOM SQ.

In fact quite the opposite is true! :evil:

During install, you MUST choose an optional driver called (misleadingly) "ATOM USB", or the Universal Control will NOT see your ATOM SQ as a connected device. So you can't check whether the firmware is out of date, and you can't get a firmware update if it IS out of date. (As it turns out, there's no firmware update available yet.)

Even worse, if you already have a Presonus device (I have a Faderport-8), you might not even think to RE-install the Universal Control app because you already have it and it already says it's up to date. And the ATOM SQ manual says "no driver installation is required". And even if you DO think to try re-installing the Universal Control (like I finally did), you'll look at that OPTIONAL "ATOM USB" entry and think "no, that must be for the older ATOM controller. If I needed to install that it would say ATOM/ATOM SQ or something like that."

Hope that helps some of you avoid the same amount of thrashing as I went through!

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by Bbd on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:22 am
Thanks for posting this.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jonhamilton2 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:36 pm
Thanks for the heads up!

We're you able to get up and running while awaiting firmware? What should new ATOM SQ users do in order to get going smoothly?

thnx

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by Baphometrix on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:10 pm
There is a workaround that mitigates the issue quite a bit while we wait for a firmware improvement. I describe it on page 4 of the thread on double-triggering. Here's the lazy link :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?p=244764#p244764

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by jonhamilton2 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:09 pm
Thank you!

Cpu:Win11/Intel Core i9-12900K/32GB/AMD Radeon 580
Interface:Antelope Audio Orion Studio Synergy Core/Studiolive Series 3 32s/RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE
Hardware: BAE 1073MPF/Heritage Audio Successor+Symph EQ
Synths: Minimoog/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/Pro-800/Korg Prologue 16/Minilogue XD/Deepmind 12/ASM Hydrasynth/Akai Mpc
Pedals: UAFX/Meris LVX + MercuryX
DAW: S1 v6 Latest version
by markdelorenzo on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:44 pm
Thank you so much for saving me hours. I immediately came here and searched. Found your thread. Downloading latest greatest to install again.

2018 MacBook Pro: i9, 32g RAM, 1tb SSD, MacOS 12.4 Monterey
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU M4
(LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
(SOFTWARE) Ableton Live Suite 11, Studio One 5
by kisnou on Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:28 am
I have the same problem with the revelator.

It seems like the Presonus DSP USB driver is not the only driver it needs to work.

In fact, if only select that, the revelator doesn't show up in Universal Control. If I install all the drivers, then it works fine. There must be a problem, or something Presonus didn't mention.. again.

Presonus Featured Artist (Italy)
My Latest Feature Requests :arrow:
https://answers.presonus.com/73692/s1-essential-feature-plugin-racks
https://answers.presonus.com/72506/zoom-to-selection-improvement-vote-if-you-agree
Studio One Pro 6
Win10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 32gb ram DDR4
Gigabyte RTX 3060
Interface: Focusrite 18i20 3rd gen
Prophet XL + KeyStep Pro
Atom SQ
Revelator

7 posts
Page 1 of 1