9 posts
Page 1 of 1
There are only about 200 threads in total in both ATOM forums are the SQ.

When was the last time we had a firmware update or some useful updates with studio one functionality?

I don't think it would be hard or that time consuming to browse through all 200 threads to get an idea of what people want, and the issues that are around, this thing needs to be stayed on top of.

But then again, if Presonus has lost interest....don't want to double trigger people or anything.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by rickpilger on Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:17 pm
agree 100%. I still cant believe we are not able to change pad colors for non presonus VST, such as ez drummer, addictive drums etc. That should be a real simple fix. Many other items need to be addressed as well. Trouble is presonus also has locked down scripting or launching scripts with macros except for a very chosen few people. So cant accomplish that way either.

Only real option I have come up with is to use something like a launchpad mini and a stream deck to launch basic macros in presonus and then trigger script or custom setup for the launchpad mini to accomplish what I should be able to do natively on the atom. I have both the ATOM and the SQ and since I have a fader pro 8 the atoms are basically paper weights.
by PreAl on Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:16 pm
Well a month later and only one response to this thread.
Maybe this is a graveyard! (These forums are pretty quiet!). Hardly any posts this year in the atom forums. What a pity. I'm gonna force myself to use them more.

I think the main problem with them is that they were too...budget. I would love to see a high quality version with nice pads (that feel good and don't retrigger!), and even a much bigger touch screen, maybe cross over into Maschine territory. Bit of an opportunity lost here.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by stfn on Sun May 14, 2023 3:31 am
i am craving for a Firmware update too, not much for new features but for bug fixes. i am using my Atom SQ with Live and there are plenty of problems and not all are Live related
1- the knobs are painfully slow to turn (they are faster when the device is not in Live integration mode, but still slow too)
2- i'd love to use the touch strip for the note range, but moving the range triggers note on the top row of pads: holding down a chord makes the top row of pad notes go off whenever a pad runs into an empty slot (when in key mode, the top row of pads have 2 empty slots at the right of D# and A#) and after turning off it will trigger the new note it runs in to, this make the touch strip barely usable.
3- no sustain button in Live
4- notes go off when switching octave, even if held down.
5- and this is a feature request: it would be smart to temporarily "borrow" the LEDs from the touch strip to show the value of the encoder you are turning, or temporarily show it on the screen. The fact that i have to look at the computer while turning a knob is a bit... dumb (no offence)
This problems makes me consider getting rid of it and its a pity as i love the hardware itself, all feels sturdy and good quality and has a very good feel, but the software ruins it.
by PreAl on Mon May 22, 2023 5:03 pm
Well the SQ.is hooked up and ready to go. I watched the three Gregor video to trigger my memories on how to operate this thing.

I think one of the reason I did abandon it was of the double triggering and issues such as losing focus.

My Maschine controller with a special Mackie template can do some stuff better than the SQ, so I shall flip flop between these controllers and my classic faderport.

viewtopic.php?p=302799#p302799

by RossAnnis on Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:16 pm
Not dead here, I just bought an Atom and I find it a nice piece of gear for creating beats. I'm using Cubase 12 and Groove Agent 5.

I did want to add (because you mentioned the double beat thing - and you are not the only one, either) that I don't think the issue is with the software or adjusting the velocity as many ppl suggest. I think it is clearly with the pad material. Not that the pad material is something I want to move away from, but only that it is not molded as well as it could be. Let me explain...

I find that if I hit the outside edge of the pad, the double beat thing disappears. The double beat thing only happens for me when I hang out in the middle of the pad. Try this for yourself, play your beats while hitting on the corners of the pads, not in the middle.

Assuming your experience here is like mine (no double beats), now try this. Take your finger and place it on the corner of the pad and apply pressure until the pad triggers. Do this on a few pads and try to be aware of the pressure you are applying. They should all react the same, you'll see it doesn't take that much pressure to trigger the pad when you put pressure on the corner of the pad.

OK, now place your finger in the middle of the pad and try to apply the exact same pressure that it takes to trigger the corner of the pad. Go back and forth between the pad corner and the middle until you can appreciate that you are applying the same pressure. You should find that it actually takes more finger pressure in the middle of the pad to trigger the beat.

My thought here is that typically when we play a beat, we target the center of the pad. Three options here, either target the corners - or - somehow pressure Presonus to create a new mold for the pad surface such that it translates the finger pressure evenly across the pad - or - develop a trigger that reacts equally to pressure applied to the middle of the pad and the edge of the pad.

I'm convinced it's not the software. In fact, I think all the comments about the software and changing the velocity are just confusing the issue and Presonus.
by jebbyslonar on Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:26 pm
PreAl wroteWell a month later and only one response to this thread.
Maybe this is a graveyard! (These forums are pretty quiet!). Hardly any posts this year in the atom forums. What a pity. I'm gonna force myself to use them more.

I think the main problem with them is that they were too...budget. I would love to see a high quality version with nice pads (that feel good and don't retrigger!), and even a much bigger touch screen, maybe cross over into Maschine territory. Bit of an opportunity lost here.

I just recently started using mine as part of my drum kit, hitting the pads with sticks. They are just off the shoulder to the left of the high hat. I can play 808s on my 2nd crash and impact on my left hand on the Atom... I had another good session lately where the Prophet on the left was a bass and the Atom on the right was a drum (Impact). I like to run a 2nd arp midi controller into the Impact, and have the Atom on the impact via a 2nd inst track, directing also to the same Impact, because it lights up when that 2nd arp midi controller hits the pads. Light show looks good in video and to my eyes.

In the past I played synths with it, in the high octaves or low. Works for me.

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
Presonus Studio interfaces:
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Searching for a new place to upload this music and videos? There is no place decent anymore too many morons on Bitchute, and too much censorship everywhere else.
by stefan.wendler on Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:26 pm
I mean hardware-wise there could be upgrades. Like old screens for the encoders or MPE probably. But software-wise there is so much that can still be added to the Atoms. I have so many ideas here. Just for pattern mode alone there are the basics missing like why can't I solo/mute parts or switch pattern variations?
So yes I agree. Wonder why the Atoms don't get more love. They are awesome and there's still a lot of potential. Especially for the SQ
by rjenriquez on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:49 pm
I agree. I was trying to mix with the SQ, I know it is not it’s best forte but it could be possible if we could have global controls for panning, input gain, sends, turn Individual plugins on and off, etc.
This things could be easily implemented. Not sure why we can’t even pan by default without having to change the touchstrip. The encoders, can only be assigned to specific parameters to specific channels. WHY? No panning for selected channel? No send levels for selected channel? No input gain for selected channel?
Reading the manual, for Ableton live, these parameters are pre-assigned by default to the 8 encoders under the Song editor. But for Studio One… are blank.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1