15 posts
Page 1 of 1
For faster throw! This applies to the ATOM and ATOM SQ.

Right now, it's just too slow for many applications. Filters are difficult to control because there is no "one sweep" ability with the knobs on either unit.

Seems it shouldn't be a problem to include a fast/linear/normal option in the settings or a command on the querty to switch between options (or heck, let's have both! )

Bye......:roll:
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:49 pm
71 looks and no comments? :lol:

I'd expect someone to say something whether in favor or not!

by davidlarson6 on Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:37 pm
71 disappointed lookers hoping to see some kind of solution. ;)

I'd like to see a lot more adjustability, with more actions assignable to the SQ's touch bar.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:52 pm
Ooooooo, off topic: An i9 eh? And wondering if you like your Audient as much as I do?

by davidlarson6 on Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:26 pm
I love the Audient.

The PC itself is okay; it's a few years old now. The i9 is a 9900K and it typically runs in the 4.75+ GHz range. I run medium-to-large orchestral templates, and I just don't see any kind of CPU issue. I originally had just 32 GB in it, and and I had to go up to 64 to handle the instrument load.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:02 am
Thanks for the info!

by reggie1979beatz on Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:59 am
Back to the task on hand, this really is something that shouldn't be too hard to do and would greatly improve the use. Overall, I went from not being overly impressed to really liking my SQ. But you have to continuously keep grabbing the knob (with a pause) and turning it to do the full spectrum.

That's fine for really small changes but it blows for anything more involved.

And again it's both units (I actually use the ATOM more, but same problem. )

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:50 am
This place is still the "dance of the dead" :lol:

I'd do a feature request, but it doesn't seem like people are concerned AND I still don't understand how to do that :roll:

Seems to me, in the year 2022 you should be able to go to a section that is labeled "feature request" and simply add it. Unless they have changed it, the last time I tried it was like and endless loop of chaos just to never get it posted. AND it seems that very few people actually read those posts and make a decision :roll:

:roll:

by craig_dt on Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:51 pm
I completely agree! would love a faster knob throw option

Revelator io24, Atom SQ, Atom, Studio One 5
by Toon Schoppema on Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:51 am
+1

Some kind of acceleration vs linear options are most welcome.

CPU:Apple MacBook Air M1
DAW:Studio One v6.5.1
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:13 am
My buds, I JUST discovered this, and I feel, well, stupid.

It turns out that although what we want is indeed something to welcome, I didn't realize that this is somewhat "speed sensitive"

I haven't done super testing but it was pointed out to me and sure enough, if you now (not sure if this was introduced or I'm just dense) turn the dial fast it seems to work better.

STILL, I think that a "fast" option should be there for both controllers as it's really not idea for the knobs to be finicky when doing filter sweeps/etc.

BTB, thanks to you guys for chiming in, this part of the forum is really way too dead for quite some time.

by Jemusic on Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:25 am
The Knob acceleration function is mentioned in the ATOM SQ Manual.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:06 am
So I still feel this is important. I cannot figure out how to "feature request" but I'ma look into it today I think.

by BobF on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:16 am
reggie1979beatz wroteSo I still feel this is important. I cannot figure out how to "feature request" but I'ma look into it today I think.

What would the feature request say? I'm asking b/c we might be able to gang up on them, but I'm not sure what your specific use case is.

For me, the loop point positioning and zoom adjustments are WAY to course. As an example, I find it almost impossible to move the loop start by a single bar.

OTOH, adjusting the current track volume seems to be just right.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:34 am
Ok, I'll bite.

For one, even the "on demand" setting that is currently the only setting, doesn't fly for the majority of what I'd like to do. BTW, this is NOT limited to prefender stuff. But:

1. Having a setting (hopefully easily accessible) where you can have the throw slow or fast globally would be really nice. Included, but not limited to: Filter use. Sometimes I just want fast for a good sweep. Sometimes slow would be better for finer things. The limitless knobs on both ATOM controller is not the problem. It's the inability to have strict and functional behavior.

2. The current situation is too dependent on your ability to have a feel. Frankly, it would be better to use the analogy of a gas pedal on a car, or even the brakes. Once you get used to your car, you know what it can and can't do. This is far more nebulous. It "might" be fine, or it "might be bleep. I can't get a "aha" moment with them (either controller) It's simply not predictable for me (and obviously others)

3. Again, back to the control we are asking for, it should be like velocity curves*. You should be able to select what it is you want for a given situation.

*The original ATOM is ok with this, but oddly, the SQ is more limited, that should be addressed as well)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having both and I largely get done what I want, but it seems a large oversight to me persoanally.

15 posts
Page 1 of 1