151 postsPage 8 of 8
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Bbd wrotePlease don’t hijack this thread!

Possible we could move that post to the faderport forums as a separate thread?

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
by PreAl on Tue May 04, 2021 4:12 am
irawasserman wrote
PreAl wroteDef much better but not perfect.. in regards to the double triggering issue. Otherwise can't tell the difference.

thanks PreAI, much appreciated !

maybe there is hope then ... if I swap my Atom 16-Pad (I think it's still under warranty) and my big beef being those extra double trigger notes.

Ira : )

Not sure, looking at others maybe not. Just make sure you are on the latest firmware and you have recently reset it to defaults (after the firmware upgrade).

Studio One Pro 5, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom Pad, Atom SQ, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

by PreAl on Tue May 04, 2021 1:56 pm
New universal control now out with another firmware update for SQ, although no mention of this issue in the release notes. Haven't tried it yet.

by irawasserman on Tue May 04, 2021 2:16 pm
PreAl wroteNew universal control now out with another firmware update for SQ, although no mention of this issue in the release notes. Haven't tried it yet.

Thanks PreAI !
by irawasserman on Tue May 04, 2021 2:23 pm
according to release notes, these are the items that have been addressed :

Universal Control 3.5 Milestone Release Notes

Fixed In This Release

ATOM / ATOM SQ
● Issue where LEDs would not light up correctly after disconnecting and reconnecting during a
Studio One session.
● Other minor issue fixes for 16-velocity mode and editor mode.
by Strom on Fri May 14, 2021 11:30 am
Anyone tried the new firmware?
by shadiradio on Fri May 14, 2021 12:33 pm
Strom wroteAnyone tried the new firmware?

Yes, it's still broken. :(

Here's a video of me tapping a pad on the SQ on firmware 1.16 with a sine wave blip. Clearly a bunch of double triggers (I have edit view open so you can see the visual too). My high score so far is 3 in a row, which happens twice in this video.

phpBB [video]

I'm also now battling the fact that Studio One doesn't even record MIDI in time. As you live record, the audio is correct and in time, but when you are done recording and play it back, all the MIDI notes are shifted early on the grid and off time (this is without quantization). What have I invested in...
Last edited by shadiradio on Fri May 14, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadiradio.com | Studio One Pro 5, Atom SQ, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, macOS Big Sur, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, 32 GB RAM
by Bbd on Fri May 14, 2021 12:48 pm
Please report that to Support so they can log it.
Thanks.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by shadiradio on Fri May 14, 2021 12:55 pm
Bbd wrotePlease report that to Support so they can log it.
Thanks.

Thanks - I just created a ticket that references this thread. I'll create a separate ticket for the inaccurate MIDI recording (doesn't occur in other DAWs) with some reference videos as well.

shadiradio.com | Studio One Pro 5, Atom SQ, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, macOS Big Sur, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, 32 GB RAM
by PreAl on Sat May 15, 2021 5:00 am
shadiradio wrote
Strom wroteAnyone tried the new firmware?

Yes, it's still broken. :(

Here's a video of me tapping a pad on the SQ on firmware 1.16 with a sine wave blip. Clearly a bunch of double triggers (I have edit view open so you can see the visual too). My high score so far is 3 in a row, which happens twice in this video.

phpBB [video]

I'm also now battling the fact that Studio One doesn't even record MIDI in time. As you live record, the audio is correct and in time, but when you are done recording and play it back, all the MIDI notes are shifted early on the grid and off time (this is without quantization). What have I invested in...

Have you done an audio loopback test and set the offset? May help a little.

by shadiradio on Sat May 15, 2021 7:29 pm
PreAl wroteHave you done an audio loopback test and set the offset? May help a little.

Hey - I did run a loopback test. For audio, the difference is negligible (9 samples late), and for MIDI, the result was 6 ms early. However that's not related to the record timing problem, but I don't want to derail the thread. I'll start a separate one.

151 postsPage 8 of 8
1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8