16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can anybody advise what the specific changes are in relation to the following update item:-

• Improved Editor and Arpeggiator workflows for ATOM SQ
by dujvaqxg on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:37 am
Are there are any other changes? I can't even seem to find an update note. No post from Presonus, nothing. Am i missing something? Shouldn't they at least send an email or that's a paid option?
Not even mentioning that the only detailed tutorial on Youtube is being issued by an altruistic enthusiast (thanks a ton Daniel if you happen to stumble upon this).

The device is less than 1 year old and Presonus it seems has abandoned it before it came out. I came from Ableton, i don't like their DAW, but their customer care around Push was to the moon and back better than the one Presonus shows. I've never seen such meh level of support previously, the software is top notch, but man.. i paid for the hardware too, where's everything?
Or am i missing something indeed?
by Bbd on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:51 am
You are missing something!

See the release notes here:
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... _Notes.pdf

Universal Control 3.4.2 Milestone Release Notes 3/23/21
Fixed In This Release:
Quantum Series Interfaces
● Apple M1 support
● Quantum clock sync selection broken with Big Sur
● External Clock Source now retained on reboot

ATOM SQ
● On Big Sur 11.2, ATOM SQ now displays in Universal Control and Audio MIDI Setup on
Intel-based Macs
● On Big Sur 11.2, ATOM SQ now establishes Native Mode connectivity with Studio One 5 on
Arm-Based Macs
● Improved connectivity with some Windows systems
● Pad performance adjusted
● Improved Editor and Arpeggiator workflows for ATOM SQ
ATOM
● Pad performance adjusted

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Bbd on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:58 am
The Releases Notes are in your Presonus page under Products/Hardware/Atom SQ...

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by robertgray3 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:23 pm
Bbd wroteYou are missing something!

See the release notes here:

Those are the release notes, but it is worth asking why they are buried under My Presonus where you have to specifically seek them out. There weren't any emails, or explanation of the new improvements.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Jemusic on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:07 pm
I don't believe the release notes are buried. Firstly one should know where the latest version of Universal Control is for any PreSonus hardware you own. eg for ATOM SQ its under:

Products/Atom Pad Controllers/AtomSQ/Downloads.

From there the Release Notes are clearly labeled under the UC download file.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by robertgray3 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:38 pm
Jemusic wroteI don't believe the release notes are buried. Firstly one should know where the latest version of Universal Control is for any PreSonus hardware you own. eg for ATOM SQ its under:

Products/Atom Pad Controllers/AtomSQ/Downloads.

From there the Release Notes are clearly labeled under the UC download file.

Downloading a file three tabs deep on a personal product portal, if and only if you get curious about what was in the most recent update, is comparatively obscured. The update education process has gotten better but it is more consistently streamlined for many of my other controllers.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by db38 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:33 pm
Whilst I am indeed grateful to note there are now some responses in the thread I begun, as much as your discussions are as valid as any, there doesn't actually appear to be any hint towards an answer to the question I asked.

At least I am not mad and one of the posts reiterates the 'improvement' which I read.

So does anyone have any idea what the "Improved Editor and Arpeggiator workflows for ATOM SQ" refers to?
by db38 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:30 pm
Call me old fashioned, but I really thought someone from Presonus might possibly know what was actually included in their updates.

I guess I am just overly presumptuous.
by PreAl on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:00 pm
It certainly would be a good enhancement to have firmware release notes within universal control. I agree the release notes are too simplistic.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by marahbonjer on Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:38 am
Yes we need complete details of change-log.

Otherwise people will think they are hiding the problems and what they fixed, or will think they don't want to admit what changes they did in the first place out of fear of admitting the problem.

Maybe they didn't fix anything and just found a workaround solution to something that was bothering some customers.

Nobody knows.
by db38 on Thu May 06, 2021 2:21 am
On today, the Monthiversary of my original post/question I resign myself to the probability that I will never know the answer. I guess it cant have been that notable/useful anyway, else I'm sure some Presonusite would have been here to revel in the feature explanation.

I have made enquiry via support, but the response included the suggestion that I refer to the the release notes..... yes.... the place from which the statement I am questioning comes from.

I note further Firmware has arrived too, which is good. Though, as far as I can tell from the still slightly vague description, the problems it fixes are not ones that have been an issue for myself (which.. I guess.. is also good).

Maybe if there continue to be updates the manual may eventually be updated and then, perhaps, all will be revealed.
by PreAl on Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 am
db38 wroteOn today, the Monthiversary of my original post/question I resign myself to the probability that I will never know the answer. I guess it cant have been that notable/useful anyway, else I'm sure some Presonusite would have been here to revel in the feature explanation.

I have made enquiry via support, but the response included the suggestion that I refer to the the release notes..... yes.... the place from which the statement I am questioning comes from.

I note further Firmware has arrived too, which is good. Though, as far as I can tell from the still slightly vague description, the problems it fixes are not ones that have been an issue for myself (which.. I guess.. is also good).

Maybe if there continue to be updates the manual may eventually be updated and then, perhaps, all will be revealed.

I get it. It's not an unusual situation. I've worked for software development companies as support and testing in the past, and basically you pretty much had to leave the developers alone at all costs. If there was a bug you submitted it formally on a database and that was that. Sadly interaction can be limited, especially if staff are remote workers.

I do remember as a tester it was quite often a nightmare to work out what the dev had actually changed from their notes, more often than not I had to simply go and look at the source code itself and try to work it out, and then I had to add to their notes.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by db38 on Thu May 06, 2021 9:46 pm
PreAl

I do have appreciation for your comment, though I perhaps should also note that I too spent many years as an analyst in software development (albeit in an ENTIRELY different field).

Regardless, I am not explicitly devastated about failing to get answers to my questions (especially from my forum question as I feel there is no expectation that forums should provide answers), and I still really like my SQ.

However I am still a little disappointed in my direct support request responses. In actual fact I asked two questions for which 'responses' were provided. The first response merely referred me to the document from where my question came, and the second referred my to a section in the manual (which I had also read) that provided steps to achieve what I wanted to do..... except that these steps do not work within Impact. And yes, my question was specifically about the fact that I was not able to perform those operations in Impact.

So again, I understand the issue of initial documentation (though understanding and believing it is good enough are two different things, as my own experience in development was that poor documentation was not tolerated). But the responses to my questions to support have no such mitigation in my opinion. They were, quite literally, a waste of time.

I must reiterate though, I am not deriding Presonus products, and life will not grind to a halt without the answers I sought. I just wish I had not had cause to contact them, as it has taken a slight edge off of my otherwise high opinion of the company.
by PreAl on Thu May 06, 2021 11:07 pm
I get that as well. I've had some ridiculous ticket responses in the past where it was quite clear they hadn't read what I wrote in full, and they were adding to confusion by using entirely the wrong terminology.

by db38 on Mon May 10, 2021 10:17 pm
On the subject of ridiculous responses, I now give up with support as well (though, to be fair, I probably should have done so after the previous response)

On 'how to use impact with keyboard layout on SQ' the answers (well, not answers, but responses) included a suggestion to use a different drum machine.

On what actually is 'Improved Editor and Arpeggiator workflows for ATOM SQ' the response included variations of "many things" and "better function with our DAW".

I was also advised I should not ask Support "how to do things" (despite what I am asking not being documented anywhere), and that I should rely only on community support for this.

Well, at least I know where I stand now, even if I stand there no more the wiser.

16 posts
Page 1 of 1