5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can you increase audio inputs on my ioStation 24c by connecting studiolive 16.4.2 as i have 2 stereo keyboards plus guitar and mics. I am trying to set up my studio with all instruments plugged in and not constantly moving cables...?
by SwitchBack on Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:56 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

Yes, you can use the 16.4.2 as a submixer into the two ioStation inputs. It will not give you more channels into your computer but you can leave everything connected and use the mixer to choose/mix what you want to record.

It also puts an extra A/D and D/A conversion between the microphone and the computer. Do a few tests to determine if that affects audio quality more than you would like. Make sure you keep levels into the 16.4.2 between half way and 3/4 on the meters. The 16.4.2 doesn't like hot input signals :)

Note that the 16.4.2 has no instrument inputs. Best to use a DI with the guitar.
by pamelahebert on Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:30 am
Hey. Thanks for your reply. No sure what you mean that 16.4.2 has no instrument inputs?? It has 16 at least. Right?
by SwitchBack on Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:37 am
It has line inputs and microphone inputs but it has no high impedance instrument inputs as you would need with passive guitar elements. The remedy is a DI box between guitar and mic input.
by pamelahebert on Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:30 am
I see now... I am using LR Baggs Para Acoustic D. I.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1