2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello I am a user of Studio One 5 and am considering getting the ioStation
24c, but I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer!

I read that the Faderport has "midi mode", where it can switch on the fly from DAW control to a midi controller. Does the ioStation 24c support this as well? If so, what Midi CC# does the fader become?

Second question - While in Studio One, if I click on ANY track/channel, the
motorized fader will update to that track/channel? For example if I click
with my mouse track 1, the fader will update, and then I click track 85, it will update again? I know this happens when using the buttons on the hardware, just want to make sure it also happens when I use my mouse - regardless of which track I click.

Final question is how is the latency on this? I am a composer using virtual instruments 99% of the time (as opposed to recording) so want to make sure this has some quality drivers!

Thanks!

Studio One 6 (Sphere)
Windows 10
Ryzen 7950x (16-Core)
64GB 6000mhz RAM
2x 2TB NVME M.2 SSD's
1x 4TB NVME M.2 SSD
Nvidia 4070 TI
ioStation 24c
by Trucky on Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:36 pm
taylorscott2 wroteHello I am a user of Studio One 5 and am considering getting the ioStation
24c, but I have a couple questions I hope someone can answer!

I read that the Faderport has "midi mode", where it can switch on the fly from DAW control to a midi controller. Does the ioStation 24c support this as well? If so, what Midi CC# does the fader become?

Here's how to enable MIDI mode:

A ioStation 24c feature that I love is:

phpBB [video]

Second question - While in Studio One, if I click on ANY track/channel, the
motorized fader will update to that track/channel? For example if I click
with my mouse track 1, the fader will update, and then I click track 85, it will update again? I know this happens when using the buttons on the hardware, just want to make sure it also happens when I use my mouse - regardless of which track I click.

Yes, the ioStation 24c fader follows any selected channel you click on.

Final question is how is the latency on this? I am a composer using virtual instruments 99% of the time (as opposed to recording) so want to make sure this has some quality drivers!

It is very responsive with low latency.

Thanks!

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1