5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a new 24c. Using it for the first time. I'm recording acoustic guitar with two microphones i.e. recording in stereo. But they are mono in my ears. How do I send input 1 to my left ear and input 2 to my right. Can't believe there's no control for this on the device.

In fact what is with this Universal Control? I thought it would have an input mixer like pretty much every other audio interface I have ever used. I'd expect to control this stereo thing there. But no, it just seems to be a box where I can choose sample rate and block size, etc and pretty much nothing else. Am I missing something?

Presonus Sphere
Studio One 5 Pro

Windows 10 Pro 64, Intel Quad Core i7 6700k, 16GB Ram
Apollo Firewire, Focusrite OctoPre
UAD octo dsp (Apollo quad and PCIe quad)
Faderport 16 and 8.
Softube Console 1
Behringer BCR2000 (for plugin control)
by Trucky on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 pm
Universal Control provides the audio driver and firmware updates for PreSonus audio interfaces. You can change the following settings:

Studio One provides the mixer and is where you want to define your I/O. Once that's set, you'll want to add a stereo audio track with inputs set to your stereo inputs 1&2. Then just record/monitor enable the track so you can hear your stereo mics in your headphones.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by TheTwangmeister on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:29 am
OK. This was what I didn't want to hear. So I have to go through Studio One's monitoring and the associated latency to hear my guitar in stereo?

The whole point of having a mix knob on the hardware is that you bypass your computer's latency for monitoring. The fact you can only do this in mono is a massive oversight by Presonus if you ask me. This limitation should have died out over a decade ago.

Thanks Trucky for confirming what I feared. ;)

Presonus Sphere
Studio One 5 Pro

Windows 10 Pro 64, Intel Quad Core i7 6700k, 16GB Ram
Apollo Firewire, Focusrite OctoPre
UAD octo dsp (Apollo quad and PCIe quad)
Faderport 16 and 8.
Softube Console 1
Behringer BCR2000 (for plugin control)
by karstenvestertjele on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:53 am
I have the same problem having a stereo signal from a mixer going into the IO back (1/2 inst/mic/line) and output to 2 active speakers and it's in mono. Wouldn't have to go through the DAW in order to have stereo. Using it (when not in the DAW) as normal sound device and the music coming from the PC is in stereo so why in h... is it not when coming from the line inputs?
by eddiedgurleyjr on Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:08 am
I feel ya'..
I'm having the exact same problem with trying to record stereo from my Keyboard whereas when I playback via the computer DAW, it sounds great and in stereo, but it's monitoring in mono.

I hate this. This halfway defeats the purpose for me not buying a mixer and resorting to this device. But the audio is nice and crisp with no hissing-noise..... just pure quietness and rich sound.
But this mono monitoring, sucks.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1