5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am having is that the Atom is not recognized by random Native Instruments instruments as well as UVI workstation.
Both in stand alone mode and inside of the daw.
Battery 4 works fine with Atom but then Kontakt doesn´t and other software.....

Thank you very much
Last edited by dallon426 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by dallon426 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:45 pm
Found it in the manual

By default, the 16 pads send their MIDI messages on MIDI Channel 10. Pressing the Song Setup button while Advanced Setup Mode is active will allow you to change the MIDI channel for the 16 pads on your ATOM.
Press the number of the pad for the desired MIDI channel. For example, to changed the MIDI channel to Channel 3, press Pad 3.
To reset the MIDI Channel to default (MIDI Channel 10), press the Up button.

Now.... Presonus is a German company correct? I thought Germans were supposed to be the leaders of engineers etc etc...... Why they hell would the default be set to midi channel 10 instead of channel 1? I just cannot understand who makes these decisions on the software development side...

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 22.32.39.png
by davidlarson6 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:39 pm
dallon426 wroteWhy they hell would the default be set to midi channel 10 instead of channel 1? I just cannot understand who makes these decisions on the software development side...

The MIDI protocol designates Channel 10 to be used for percussion.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.
by dallon426 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:26 am
Why is that, and what benefits are there to that?
It's just midi. The channel shouldn't affect anything.

I've also used Akai MPD and Maschine etc. They are channel 1. It just seems odd to me that it Isn't plug and play. I knew something was off because atom worked in logic just fine. Except it wouldn't trigger uvi nor Kontakt in logic either. They are automatically mapped to channel 1. Or most synths are mapped to all channels. Interesting
by davidlarson6 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:20 am
The General MIDI 1 protocol calls for keyboard mapping of percussion sounds on Channel 10. That's "just midi." It's an old standard for rom-type keyboards which have MIDI sound built in.

DKLarson

Windows 10, i9, 64GB, 3X 1TB SSDs; Macbook Pro M1 Pro, 32GB, 1TB SSD
Audient iD14, Atom SQ, Keystep 37, Studiologic SL88, Moog Sub Phatty, Kawai MP11SE, Roli Seaboard.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1