2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

How do you get the Presonus ATOM to assign all basic drum kit parts from the likes of Addictive Drums and EZDrummer on one set of buttons?

I seem to be able to get the buttons trigger all the hats, cymbals, crashes, rides etc...but no snares or kicks or toms...OR I can get it the layout to trigger snares, kicks and toms etc...but no hats, crashes, rides etc.

I'd like to be able to simply play snares, kicks, hats, ride and toms. But this seems too complicated for the ATOM to work out. I would have thought it would be a simple matter.

There's 9 buttons. Surely they can cover snare, kick, hats, ride, for example.

Seems not. For some weird reason the ATOM by default breaks everything up into sections.

Thanks

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by gregghart on Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:01 am
It's been a while since I've used Addictive Drums, and I've never used EZ Drummer...so, I can't help you on EZ Drummer, but I bet there is something similar to how it works in AD.

In AD 1, open it up, click on the ? in the upper right. Go to Map Window. On the left side, you will see Map Preset and it's probably on Start Up. Change it to GM. Boom. Put it back to Default to return it. Now....the problem is...if you already have drums laid down, it will change them all as the MIDI triggers the keys, NOT the sounds. So, the tracks you already have....you will have to redo them...but going forward, you can change it to GM to get the keys mapped the "standard" way that should work with Atom. You just may have to change it back to default to play back your older tracks.

In AD 2, it's pretty much the same, ?, Map Window, GM. This time, to return the mapping to original, just select AD2 Standard.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com

2 posts
Page 1 of 1