1 post
Page 1 of 1
I've posted on here a couple of times asking about the Atom. I went ahead and brought one home to try it out. I have a Korg Padkontrol already. I'm currently taking the Quest for Groove finger drumming course to do my own drums instead of relying on loops.

The Maschine Mikro has better pads than the Atom and the PadKontrol. The padKontrol has better pads than the Atom. I don't need or want Maschine software, sound library or all the other effects etc. I have Komplete Ultimate.

The Nektar Aura has better pads than the Atom. But again, the unwanted sound library and "DAW/VST"' control/wrapper...whatever. Over $500 after taxes in Canada

Novation controllers have the little pads, and more of them than I need/want. Good quality pads on the Pro, but it's $500 also.

xJam...good pads (not as good as the Mikro, but good), but small. Tweakable. This is the right idea.

Akai pads are not good on their cheaper, no-frills devices.

If Presonus would put better pads on the Atom, comparable to the Mikro, put the price up 50 dollars, I'd buy one tomorrow. If anyone is listening...

1 post
Page 1 of 1