11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a padkontrol. Thinking of getting the Atom. How useful do you find it? Do you use the navigation or other functions much? Faster with a mouse? Anything really indispensable about it? Thanks.
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:28 pm
The pads are good, but I find myself using the sides the most. Pre-click, fixed vel, show/hide, and "setup" are the most used. In "setup" the tempo (tap or rotor) and "enable" (for pattern step record) are the ones also often used. The others are great too but a little redundant for me (see specs in sig)

Some things I'd rather use a mouse. Loop points, for example seems easier with a mouse but that may not be the way you see it.

Bye......:roll:
by brent mosher on Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:04 pm
Thnaks. Hard to get a sense of how useful the Atom or SQ might be. Pads of the PK are great. Not sure if I'd use the extra functions. A lot of them might be redundant with a Qwerty/mouse and NI keyboard.
by brent mosher on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:00 am
Well...glad I got that out of my system. I tried it. Pads aren't as good as on my padKontrol. Half the functions I know I'll never use on it. The other half I can do faster with key commands and/or a mouse. There were a couple of things it might be faster/more convenient for, but not worth the money or deskspace for me. If I didn't have the PK I might keep it.
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:14 am
BTW, how did you try it? Bought one with a return policy?

Probably doesn't need to be mentioned but if it's not up to snuff in the firmware, there used to be some issues that are fixed. Also, there are 4 sensitivity settings under "setup" and it took me a while to find one I liked. Seems I selected the one that makes the least amount of sense according to the manual :lol:

Anyways, Novation makes good stuff.

by brent mosher on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 am
reggie1979beatz wroteBTW, how did you try it? Bought one with a return policy?

Probably doesn't need to be mentioned but if it's not up to snuff in the firmware, there used to be some issues that are fixed. Also, there are 4 sensitivity settings under "setup" and it took me a while to find one I liked. Seems I selected the one that makes the least amount of sense according to the manual :lol:

Anyways, Novation makes good stuff.

Yes I bought one I can return. I deregistered it. Installed the latest firmware, everything worked fine. I tried all the pad sensitivity settings. PadKontrol (a Korg product) was better. It's what it's known for. If I didn't have the PK I'd keep it. But I can do everything the Atom does with a mouse/qwerty note fx etc.
by reggie1979beatz on Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:02 am
Cool.

lolz, I bought one, ended up selling it, and then bought another one (makes crazy sign)

by louaymadanat on Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:06 pm
reggie1979beatz wroteCool.

lolz, I bought one, ended up selling it, and then bought another one (makes crazy sign)

Hi, if you meant that you sold a Presonus ATOM, I’m wondering what website you sold it on? I’m looking to sell mine and not sure how feasible it’ll be to find a buyer and where I’d have the best chance. Cheers
by brent mosher on Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:11 pm
Which country are you in?
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:00 am
louaymadanat wrote
reggie1979beatz wroteCool.

Hi, if you meant that you sold a Presonus ATOM, I’m wondering what website you sold it on? I’m looking to sell mine and not sure how feasible it’ll be to find a buyer and where I’d have the best chance. Cheers

This was a while back ago. Here in the States, we have "craigslist". It was easy. If feasible, keep in mind that you want to ask CASH ONLY, meet at a neutral site (a starbucks or similar) and be able to meet half way. It's been quite some time since I did this, but it was flawless.

by reggie1979beatz on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:05 am
Still absolutely love mine again. It's strange, but between that, the SQ, the T4 (and incoming: the faderport 8) I'm just dialed in.

As mentioned, what I use mine for the most is the simple stuff. The pads are good (once you figure out what velocity sensitivity you want) but it's the small things. Like "show/hide" VI's, the "setup" for tempo and tap tempo and "fixed" velocity. The SQ does this of course, but not as front and center.

Add the 6 upgrade, the lovely win 11 (I know, I can't believe it either) and it's stunning so far.....where's the wood to knock on? :lol:

11 posts
Page 1 of 1