5 posts
Page 1 of 1
HI:)

Atom doesn't immediately work on Windows(Win11) startup. the lights are on but no midi is coming out from it!
I have to unplug it and plug again and it works!

Why? Any idea?

Thanks;)
Bassman.
by bartbalint on Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:44 am
I had a similar issue with USB devices and Win10. Seems Windows thought it would be cool to have the USB ports go to sleep. I had to disable ‘fast startup’ hibernation and go through Device manager and make sure all USB ports were NOT set to go to sleep.

Not sure if this is what win11 is doing. But sounds like it.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by heinzhupfer on Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:06 am
HI:)

I did this and it's not going to sleep, the lights are on on the atom, just the midi is not coming in.

After unplug and replug it works the whole day without going to sleep and midi keeps working!

Thanks for the idea;)
Bassman.
by bartbalint on Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:33 am
I am just curious. As you start your computer, and before you unplug and replug the Atom, does the Atom show up in the device manager?

Cheers!

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by Bbd on Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:37 am
Also try another USB port and not use a multi-port in your test.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

5 posts
Page 1 of 1