8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Greetings..the Atom works fine with it's intended software such as Atom Fuel Presets however when loading a VST 2 in Studio One v5 such as Battery 4, the Mouse triggers work but I am unable to locate a way to remap the Atom pads to the VST2 Battery 4. Oddly, when I load Battery 4 on its own as a stand alone, the Atom works well outside of Studio One.
I've opened the MIDI Monitor within Studio One and can see by tapping the lower L to R Atom pads are: C1, C#1, D1, D#2 etc. The Battery4 VST2 using the on screen buttons within Battery4 show lower L to R: C2, C#2, D2, and D#2 respectively. Thus I can see the mapping is Off. In what Mode (such as Setup or Editor) does the Atom Controller need to be in and how do I change the Mapping in the Atom pads to match..thanks for any assistance.

Attachments
ATOM + Battery 4 VST2.jpg
ATOM with Battery 4 VST2 within Studio One version 5
by antg1 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:28 pm
Whilst this ATOM is unable to function in this mode, I've powered On an Arturi MKII Keylab 61 keyboard, changed the MIDI controller to the Arturia and it triggers all of the notes in Battery 4 just fine. This appears to be a limitation of the ATOM best I can tell.
by antg1 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:04 pm
It seems after 2+ hours, I've gotten this to work. There's a drop down in Studio One which is not labeled. Hold the Mouse Over the second arrow to the right of default which will show as "Direct Inputs" as in the image. Choose the same Event as with the VST in this list. In my example its "Event 1" . The ATOM controller now works within Studio One and the Battery / Kontakt VST all function with the ATOM Controller key pad

Atom working with Battery 4 in Studio One.jpg

Atom working with Kontakt in Studio One.png
by rickeybennett on Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:50 am
THANK YOU!!! :punk: :punk: :punk:
by georgelea on Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:35 pm
Thanks antg1. Great post. Glad you posted the solution. I'm waiting for my tax refund with baited breath to get these 2 products. However, I'm eager to hear how you setup your drum maps between the 2 products. I'm trying to decide if I should use 1 row of 16 kicks, 16 snares on 2nd row, etc., etc. in Battery. Then, map the 1 or 2 samples that I'm using in whatever song to the AtomSQ pads. This just being an example. I just want the most efficient means of using all of my samples from all of my libraries as I can. Thanks. :?:
by dallon426 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:40 am
A lot of people had this issue. It should automatically map. But also I don't suspect you'd need to map to atom if the default midi channel was 1. It would just work
by georgelea on Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:25 pm
Actually, I typically reserve Ch. 10-12. 10 for drum kit, 11 for latin perc, and other perc., and 12 for orchestral perc. But there's SOO many awesome options with this combo, now I've got paralysis of analysis. So, I'm just wanting to take pulse of how all users are using it. GIMME MORE! :D :D
by davidcamarda on Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:19 pm
Hey eyah, this worked. Now Battery is actually fun to use.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1