10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi does anyone use Atom with Cubase? I cant seem to get things working. I have the correct Mackie midi mapping inserted and associated with the Atom. The Atom shows up as a Midi controller and does indeed send midi signals to Cubase but cant seem to get the pads to output the correct range for any of the drum pluggins I use and none of the transport buttons work. I am quite sure I came across a very short piece that gave very brief instructions on how to put the Atom into the best mode for Cubase but I am unable to find this again. Surprisingly there are no Youtube videos which tells me that for some reason it may not be possible to use. However as its just a midi controller I cant see why it wont work. Any help appreciated as I think this may have to make way for a better controller.

thanks
by Bbd on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:06 am
Please post your specs so others can help.
You should contact Presonus Support about this as well.

I did a Google search and found a lot of links for ATOM SQ.
Here's one:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -in-Cubase

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by russburke on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:10 am
Hi thanks but that's the sq model which is totally different.
by Bbd on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:25 am
Just corrected myself.
You are right that there isn't really anything on the internet about Cubase and ATOM.
I would reach out to support for this one.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Jemusic on Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:02 pm
There is a Groove 3 video on ATOM here and its cheap as well:

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Preso ... -Explained

The second last 10 minute video is all totally devoted to this. ie Using ATOM with Cubase.

This video tutorial would be worth getting just to get some serious ATOM instruction. It does mainly refer to Studio One of course but it does cover a few other DAW's as well. Groove 3 videos have always been very high quality and excellent. Highly recommended.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:28 pm
Oh that's great, I didn't realize that my groove 3 account had this :)

Bye......:roll:
by Jemusic on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:29 pm
I ended up buying this video. I had some Groove cash and go it for almost nothing. The Cubase video is really excellent and he shows how to get going almost everything you need in Cubase. There are other videos as well on Ableton and Pro Tools which also setup ATOM up for lots of operations.

As far as I can see Cubase operation has not been explained well or if at all anywhere. But it is in this Groove 3 tutorial.

Groove 3 stuff is excellent and of a very high standard usually.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:55 pm
I always end up getting the yearly pass for about 65 bucks. Can't say how many times it's helped :)

Bye......:roll:
by russburke on Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:03 am
Guys thanks for above. No matter what i tried it would not work. Presonus Support was rubbish, they simply provided a link to the user manual. I basically gave up and put the thing up for sale. After a few enquiries I decided to unlist it for sale as I could not be certain it worked. I have now sent another support request but dont have much faith in that. I am hoping some of you guys can help.
So by putting it through midiox i see that when i select bank 1 the pads only output control change data and no note data. All the other banks from 2 to 8 work correctly (midi pad mode. This is clearly not correct. I am on latest firmware. There does not seem to be a factory reset. Does anyone know how to get bank 1 transmitting correctly?

many thanks
by paulsoffe1 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:11 pm
Hi I guess this is way too late but for the sake of others having the same question... I went and looked at the Groove 3 tutorial and as mentioned the last 10 mins goes through setting up the Atom with Cubase .It takes around 10 - 15 mins to do and GREAT it works !! Not sure what the prob with your atom was here its now 100% operational. My best Paul
PS You have to make sure evry step is followed and not sure if just me , i had to sort of start again as i think the page setup on Cubase froze. But the second time it was perfect :)

10 posts
Page 1 of 1