10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My ATOM's PAD #14 LED is always OFF. Except when Studio One Pro 5 is not running.

What's the reason for this ? is this normal or am I missing some setting to make it active ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Last edited by muziksculp on Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Pro 5.2.1 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by Jemusic on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 am
What mode you are in to get that ATOM image you have posted. Are you on an Instrument track? With input monitoring engaged. When I do this though, Pads 1 and 13 are blue (or Pads 1 and 13 assume the track header colour) and all the others are white. This is new in V5 now. The white and black notes are no longer indicated as in V4.

If you are input monitoring on an Instrument track, everything is normal here. Pad 14 is normally out. Pads normally light from Pad 1 to Pad13. Pads 1 and 13 represent a chromatic octave root notes. eg C to C. Pad 14 is not lit and Pads 15/16 change octaves.

What firmware is your ATOM at. It is currently 3.4

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.3 (Mac), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by sirmonkey on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:58 am
Or, possibly a bad cable? Seems possible (to me).
Maybe not... which is actually the same
as just maybe.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by muziksculp on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:10 am
Jemusic wroteWhat mode you are in to get that ATOM image you have posted. Are you on an Instrument track? With input monitoring engaged. When I do this though, Pads 1 and 13 are blue (or Pads 1 and 13 assume the track header colour) and all the others are white. This is new in V5 now. The white and black notes are no longer indicated as in V4.

If you are input monitoring on an Instrument track, everything is normal here. Pad 14 is normally out. Pads normally light from Pad 1 to Pad13. Pads 1 and 13 represent a chromatic octave root notes. eg C to C. Pad 14 is not lit and Pads 15/16 change octaves.

What firmware is your ATOM at. It is currently 3.4

Hi @Jemusic,

Pad #14's LED is OFF when I select an Instrument Track, with the Monitoring engaged. If I have monitoring disengaged all the Pads light up in white.

So, I guess all is OK, and normal as you mentioned. I wasn't sure. Now I know.

When I have an Impact XT instrument selected, monitoring engaged, all ATOM pads are lit, so it acts differently. if both record, and monitoring are disengaged, all pads are lit with White color LEDs. So it doesn't behave the same as when I have an Instrument selected.

One more question, regarding Pads 15 and 16 changing octaves, how do I have them change the octaves when I have an Instrument track selected ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by Jemusic on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:34 am
Pressing Pad 16 transposes all pads up an octave and Pad 15 down an octave. When you are in a different octave the pad you have just pressed will be a slightly lighter colour orange. When both pads are the same colour orange you are in the normal octave. The pads turn purple when they are their maximum octave up or down setting.

This is with a VST installed an input monitoring selected.

Yes with Impact XT the pads are directly pointing to the pads and all 16 are used.

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.3 (Mac), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by muziksculp on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:37 pm
Jemusic wrotePressing Pad 16 transposes all pads up an octave and Pad 15 down an octave. When you are in a different octave the pad you have just pressed will be a slightly lighter colour orange. When both pads are the same colour orange you are in the normal octave. The pads turn purple when they are their maximum octave up or down setting.

This is with a VST installed an input monitoring selected.

Yes with Impact XT the pads are directly pointing to the pads and all 16 are used.

When I have an Instrument like Mai Tai selected, I press PAD 15, or PAD 16 I only get notes D2, and D#2 triggering, no change in Octave setting.

What am I missing here ? how do I get PAD 15 and PAD 16 to change octaves ?

by Jemusic on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:38 pm
I am not seeing this. This all works normally for me. It looks like you may be in some other mode.

When I install MaiTai but do not have input monitoring engaged, yes all my pads are white too.

However when I engage input monitoring the pads stay white except for Pads 1 and 13 which match the colour of the Instrument track header I am on. Pads 15 and 16 do not sound for me but change octaves.

(they are not blue as in your picture. My pads are only blue when Studio One is not booted up)

Is your ATOM firmware up to date?

Even when I put my ATOM into keyboard mode and use it with another DAW or a synth in stand alone mode this also all works fine. Except in keyboard mode, the pads are yellow (white notes) and blue (black notes) only up to pad 13. Pad 14 is still dark and pads15/16 still change octaves as per usual. (This is how it used to be in V4 as well)

Can you try this as well while with Studio One not booted up but another DAW or a stand alone synth. (Don't try Ableton though because Ableton is also in Native mode with Studio One and works very differently)

by muziksculp on Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:57 pm
OK.

I checked the ATOM's firmware ver. and it is at firmware ver. 3.40 , which it indicates is the latest update.

I quit Studio One, re-started it. the added a Mai Tai instrument, and have monitoring engaged. The ATOM shows PADS 15 and 16 in Orange, and they do change the octaves up and down, they don't trigger notes. all other pads trigger the notes as they should.

Here is a pic of the ATOM with monitoring engaged on Mai Tai, and octave functionality working.

So, it seems to be working as it should now. Not sure what changed, or was not making it function in this manner earlier.

Oh.. where can I download the latest ATOM pdf user's manual ? I think I need to study what's new in the latest update, and how it relates to Studio One Pro 5.1.1

Thanks for your support,
Muziksculp

by Jemusic on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:18 pm
Well that is good news. Glad it all seems to be working.

If you download the latest ATOM manual, this one is Oct 2020 V3 so its the most recent.

https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM/downloads

Picture here is mine with Monitoring engaged. My track header is a shade of pink hence Pads 1 and 13 being that colour. Are your pads (2-12) white or blue or is it just your shot that is making them look blue. I had to close the iris right down on my stills camera to get the pads looking normal like this.

Attachments
IMG_0492.JPG

by muziksculp on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:54 pm
Jemusic wroteWell that is good news. Glad it all seems to be working.

If you download the latest ATOM manual, this one is Oct 2020 V3 so its the most recent.

https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM/downloads

Picture here is mine with Monitoring engaged. My track header is a shade of pink hence Pads 1 and 13 being that colour. Are your pads (2-12) white or blue or is it just your shot that is making them look blue. I had to close the iris right down on my stills camera to get the pads looking normal like this.

Hi,

Yes, I'm glad the ATOM is working as it should.

Pads (2 - 12) on my ATOM are white. My iPhone shot made them look blue. The track color I have selected is Blue, hence Pads 1 and 13 are Blue.

Thanks for the link to the latest ATOM user manual.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

10 posts
Page 1 of 1