8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I would like to assign the pads of my Atom to trigger notes starting on very low octaves, i.e. C-2 , or C-1.

The lowest I can set them now is to the C0. Octave. To set the octaves I'm pressing the Bank button while then Pressing one of the Pads (1 thru 8) to increase of decrease the Octave value assigned to the pads. But I can't go below C0. Pad 1 sets the lowest octave (C0) .

How can I set the pads to trigger C-1 Octave notes, or C-2 notes ?

Am I missing something here ? or is this not possible ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
by Jemusic on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:34 pm
I think it does only go down to C0. What you can do though is on the Instrument track set the Transpose parameter to -12 or -24 as required. Be aware this is playback only. If you want to make the changes permanent, you can, but you have to render the midi track then the transpose setting will move the notes down. And you remove the transpose parameter obviously after rendering.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.1 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by muziksculp on Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:38 pm
Jemusic wroteI think it does only go down to C0. What you can do though is on the Instrument track set the Transpose parameter to -12 or -24 as required. Be aware this is playback only. If you want to make the changes permanent, you can, but you have to render the midi track then the transpose setting will move the notes down. And you remove the transpose parameter obviously after rendering.

Hi @Jemusic,

Transposing the track won't work for me.

Actually I'm trying to use the lower octaves to trigger Key-Switches when using a sample library in Kontakt, that are assigned to the C-2, octave range of the keyboard. So basically I want to use the ATOM to change sample library articulations in real time.

Sadly, this is not possible because I can't play the instrument if I transpose the Track. I just need the ATOM to trigger the proper notes in the lower octave ranges.

Hopefully this can be something Presonus can improve in the ATOM via a future update.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
by Jemusic on Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:26 pm
To clarify the situation. The transpose parameter is also live while you are inputting notes. So if you play C0 on your ATOM and have the Transpose parameter set to -12 then it will trigger the key switch you are after. eg -12.

When you go into record it will still trigger at C-1 while playing C0. It just wont record that way. It will record an octave higher but after the recording is done you can render the transposition in and the notes will all shift down permanently. Then you turn the -12 setting off at that point.

But yes being able to access those octave would still be a little simpler and more direct.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.1 (Mac), Notion 6.7, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by muziksculp on Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:36 pm
Jemusic wroteTo clarify the situation. The transpose parameter is also live while you are inputting notes. So if you play C0 on your ATOM and have the Transpose parameter set to -12 then it will trigger the key switch you are after. eg -12.

When you go into record it will still trigger at C-1 while playing C0. It just wont record that way. It will record an octave higher but after the recording is done you can render the transposition in and the notes will all shift down permanently. Then you turn the -12 setting off at that point.

But yes being able to access those octave would still be a little simpler and more direct.

Hi Jemusic,

Thanks for the additional helpful feedback. I will try this and see how it goes.

Regarding the Rendering of the Midi, I'm guessing you mean Rendering it to MIDI so the low Key-Switch notes will be what they should be after they were input during the recording phase. (Correct) ?

Anyways.. I will post back on this topic, and hope that Presonus can update the ATOM to allow for larger transpositions values (+ and -) for the Pads via a future update. Which will make things much easier for this scenario.
by sirmonkey on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:54 pm
Maybe something like Note Mapper by CodeFN42 could work?
www.codefn42.com/notemapper/index.html

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by sirmonkey on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:56 pm
Just found this...
phpBB [video]

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by muziksculp on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:57 pm
Thank You !

I will check it out.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1