9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone has an idea to solve this?
I love Atom SQ but what I still miss to avoid using the mouse is, switching mute on/off per channel in an easy way, like using Atom keyboard knob 1 to 16 as mute on/off buttons for 16 Studio one sequencer channels. I know that there is a mute option in the "Song display mode" in ATOM SQ but this is not comfortable to play loops and try channels on/off because you have to scroll through the channels. Looking forward to your feedback!
by PreAl on Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 pm
frankscheihing wroteswitching mute on/off per channel in an easy way, like using Atom keyboard knob 1 to 16 as mute on/off buttons for 16 Studio one sequencer channels

Sorry I don't really understand what you are writing here.

Are you looking for a quick way to mute sixteen channels rather than do it one channel at a time?

Interesting idea, SQ has sixteen buttons that could easily be used. So why not 16 solos, or 16 mutes, or 16 record enables

I guess you would be asking for a console mode. Will it ever happen? Probably not, they want you to buy a faderport 16.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Jemusic on Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:20 pm
The UP/Down arrows currently select tracks. Go into Song Mode. Use the page arrows (under the single encoder knob) to get to the page where the MUTE function is under button 5. Muting, solo and record operations are all available there for the selected track.

If you select a group of tracks in Studio One those same SQ functions effect all of the selected tracks.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by frankscheihing on Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:17 am
PreAl wrote
frankscheihing wrote
Interesting idea, SQ has sixteen buttons that could easily be used. So why not 16 solos, or 16 mutes, or 16 record enables

I guess you would be asking for a console mode. Will it ever happen? Probably not, they want you to buy a faderport 16.

This is exactly what I am looking for. Should be an easy extension and from my point of view not really cannibalize the faderport. But can help a lot if you do trials with tracks in loops.
by frankscheihing on Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:19 am
Jemusic wroteThe UP/Down arrows currently select tracks. Go into Song Mode. Use the page arrows (under the single encoder knob) to get to the page where the MUTE function is under button 5. Muting, solo and record operations are all available there for the selected track.

If you select a group of tracks in Studio One those same SQ functions effect all of the selected tracks.

Thank you for your comment. But this solution is what I described earlier as not realy comfortable when playing with loops
by jasonmartin19 on Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:51 am
Bumping this - would be a great feature for the SQ and bring it in line with Ableton and the ability to turn clips on/off in real-time using the Push 2 controller
by slacknote on Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:21 am
Does this mean that you can't easily assign 16 different channel mutes to 16 different pads?
by jasonmartin19 on Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:08 am
Seems so but I’ve asked on another thread in the Studio One sub forum for clarity here

It would be awesome to be able to use the SQ to mute/unmute multiple Instrument tracks on the fly from a single view and record the audio output - following the same workflow as a typical MiDI hardware sequencer would allow
by michaelhayes1 on Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:11 pm
UPDATE:
Scratch what I just wrote below. Apparently that's just for the Console and not the Track View? I'm more confused now, lol

Just found this thread, and I'm happy I can actually mute tracks from the SQ. But, I've noticed they don't display the red MUTE button indicator in the main view when muted. It appears correctly in the Console view and the Inspector, but not in the main view. Bug? Feature? Neither? Lol.

i7 4790K 4.0GHz
16GB RAM
Win10/64
Roland Octacapture

=================
fogpeople.com
darksexymusic
=================

9 posts
Page 1 of 1