16 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I open s15 from a fresh restart, studio one will hang up between the start page after selecting new song or existing song. If I unplug the atom when it hangs, S1 will continue further, but still hangs up. I have to hard shut down S1 with task manager then I can open S1 with atom just fine. This is a new clean install on my desktop PC. I7 4790 16gb ram, Asus deluxe z97 mb.
by Bbd on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm
Please create a support ticket for this issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by PreAl on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 pm
Make sure you run Universal control. Make sure you check all devices are configured correctly in Studio One. Make sure your anti-virus is not scanning USB ports. Try another USB port, try updating your chipset drivers and motherboard BIOS.

There is an issue with the Atom SQ whereby Studio One won't start unless you pull out the USB socket and out it back in. Not everybody can reproduce.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Djstatix on Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:13 am
Yes, i have to pull out usb plug. S1 will boot but i have to crash S1, task manager, then restart S1 with usb plugged back in and it works. Maybe defective Atom SQ?

Updated all drivers, motherboard, and bios is current version. Asus Z97 Deluxe with an intel i7 4790k 32gb ram. Tried every usb port with same results. Seems to only occur after a computer reboot or if i close Studio one using the X at top right. If i close my song file with File/ close then close out S1 it seems to open and reconnect to the Atom SQ just fine.

Additionally, it has the same behavior with Ableton Live light too.
by PreAl on Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:47 am
Response six months later, that's a record :)

Firmware update will be released very soon, in the meantime make sure under devices that "Send To" is set to none or something like that for atom (temporary workaround).

If the new firmware does not work create a ticket.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Djstatix on Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:10 pm
Lmao, I was working with a support ticket and we really didn’t get anywhere. I’ve been in and out of the country (military) and totally forgot about this post.😕. My bad. Thanks for the help though!
by PreAl on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:36 am
Universal control update with firmware updates now released.

by coreytrzcinski on Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:59 pm
Firmware did not fix.

Atom sq still hangs up or freezes on start of new song or load of existing song.
Have to crash close s1 and reload s1 and open song with atom sq unplugged after s1 opens song then plug back in and it's fine.

Dell XPS 8930 I7 32gb Ram
Dual monitors
Studio One 5 Pro
Avantone CLA-10 actives
Yamaha HS5's
Presonus 1824c
Presonus Faderport 16
Fractal Audio AXE FX 3
Furman power conditioners
Presonus studio channel
Presonus Atom SQ
Samson S plus patchbays
Steven Slate Drums 5.5
Superior Drummer 3
50 plus waves plugins
by PreAl on Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:05 am
coreytrzcinski wroteFirmware did not fix.

Atom sq still hangs up or freezes on start of new song or load of existing song.
Have to crash close s1 and reload s1 and open song with atom sq unplugged after s1 opens song then plug back in and it's fine.

Use the blank template on a new song.

by patrickhuitema on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:52 am
Same here:

Removed the setting files
Loaded studio one, everything seems fine, quit ST1
Attached fader port 16, load studio one, all fine
Attach Atom SQ, load studio one, freeze!, detached ATOM SQ: now it shows the arranger window.

Repeated these steps three times:
every time I attach the Atom SQ there is a 90% freeze
While frozen: detaching the atom SQ seems to fix everything.

Attaching the Atom SQ after a fully loaded studio one works fine.
Tried different USB port: same "freeze" behaviour
I add a new USB PCI controller, but the behaviour is equal on my two windows instalments: when studio one "freeze" I detach the atom SQ to resolve the "unresponsive" state.

It seems studio one is waiting for something if the Atom SQ is connected
by PreAl on Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:19 am
patrickhuitema wroteSame here:

Removed the setting files
Loaded studio one, everything seems fine, quit ST1
Attached fader port 16, load studio one, all fine
Attach Atom SQ, load studio one, freeze!, detached ATOM SQ: now it shows the arranger window.

Repeated these steps three times:
every time I attach the Atom SQ there is a 90% freeze
While frozen: detaching the atom SQ seems to fix everything.

Attaching the Atom SQ after a fully loaded studio one works fine.
Tried different USB port: same "freeze" behaviour
I add a new USB PCI controller, but the behaviour is equal on my two windows instalments: when studio one "freeze" I detach the atom SQ to resolve the "unresponsive" state.

It seems studio one is waiting for something if the Atom SQ is connected

Confirm you've updated your Atom firmware with very latest Universal control application, your chipset drivers and updated your computers BIOS, also may be a firmware update on your PCI controller. Also try changing USB settings on your motherboard BIOS. Also have you tried changing leads, tried changing different sockets, temporarily disabled your antivirus, ran windows update until there are no more updates left. Thx.

by chriscrilly on Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:13 pm
I also am having the exact same issue - Latest updates across the board, including BIOS. Any further tips on this?
by mattwafaie on Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:14 pm
I have the same issue as well. I have done all previous steps with no improvement. Anything on this, Presonus?
by Djstatix on Fri May 26, 2023 4:15 am
Same issue, ive had this problem since SQ was released and on two different computers. Constantly have to disconnect SQ USB cable.
by PreAl on Fri May 26, 2023 4:31 am
Update your signature with your current hardware specs.
Try plugging it into a powered hub.
Otherwise time to create another ticket with Presonus.

by michaelhayes1 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:44 pm
Very similar issue over here. Interestingly, nearly identical computer specs re: Mobo/CPU.

If I run TRON and really flush my system it allows me to use the ATOMs (both kinds) again. But once I use another DAW or video editor and come back to S1 it freezes when ATOMs are plugged in.

i7 4790K 4.0GHz
16GB RAM
Win10/64
Roland Octacapture

=================
fogpeople.com
darksexymusic
=================

16 posts
Page 1 of 1