6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just got my ATOM and pads 7 and 14 either will trigger randomly or just get stunk when I tap them, any suggestions before I send it back...
by PreAl on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:04 pm
You are talking about the SQ I assume?
This was two weeks ago. What happened?
My SQ arrives in a week...

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Bbd on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:20 pm
nandoeclark wroteJust got my ATOM and pads 7 and 14 either will trigger randomly or just get stunk when I tap them, any suggestions before I send it back...

Please contact Support about your issue.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Baphometrix on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:29 pm
I have one pad in the upper row of my ATOM SQ that does this from time to time. Not super often. My double-triggering issue is much more problematic and constant unless I hit the pads fairly hard. But sometimes I can just sit there and watch the MIDI monitor and watch one pad put out sporadic messages without me even touching the unit. Or it will get stuck if I even brush that pad when really trying to hit the one next to it.

Hoping the replacement unit will be better.

Studio One 5.2.x Pro (Sphere) | Bitwig 4.x | Ableton 10.x
Faderport 8 | ATOM SQ | MOTU M4 | Windows 10 | i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Geforce RTX 2070
by MichaelB on Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:59 pm
Was there any resolution on this? I just got an ATOM pad controller the other day and two of the pads are unresponsive. I just put in a help ticket but haven't heard anything back yet. Here's my issue:

Pads 3 & 7 are lit white (the other pads are all various colours) and there's no sound from either one of them. When I use Impact through the Studio One interface both virtual pads work as expected. But when I tap the ATOM pads there is nothing. The odd thing is that on Impact both pads are constantly lit up. It's almost as if they are stuck and will not release. Another odd thing is that when I hit the Bank button on the ATOM I hear the sound that should be coming from pad 3. I'm using Studio One 5 and my ATOM up to date with Universal Control. I'm on a MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.14.6). Thanks!
by PreAl on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:53 am
This is a dated old thread.

Make sure you specifically select atom as an input (not just generic all inputs)..Make sure you are on the latest studio one.

I strongly recommend downloading and reading the manual from start to finish. It only takes a few hours to read.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1