6 posts
Page 1 of 1
is it possible to run 2 ATOMS at same time?? put one drum kit on one ATOM, and my samples / bass etc on the pther ATOM? and still layer sounds etc. how does presonus studio one pro 4.6.2 , let me set this up?? can I use track one and two with the first ATOM, and track 3 & 4 with the second ATOM??
need help
blessings
Wiz
by Jemusic on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:26 pm
This is a slightly hard one as most of us won't have two ATOM's to test this. But I can say though that I have had 3 or more controllers all connected at once and they all work together really well. (eg Facderport 8 and Faderport 2)

I guess if you connect two ATOMs, they will show up as ATOM 1 and ATOM 2 in Universal control for example.

Then if so yes you should be able to treat them individually for sure. They will both also be in the External Devices settings as ATOM 1 and ATOM 2 I would imagine. Then you should be able to set them differently and they should respond that way too.

If you own one maybe try and borrow another to test it out. I would before committing to purchasing a second one.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by edmisik on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:32 pm
i would be really surprised if this didnt work...the 2 atoms would get along i feel sure..it would be like having any 2 controllers..just name them differently..assigning them to exclusively work in different tracks may be another story....example: i have a native a49 keyboard and an atom pad running together..you can use them both within most tracks...dont know that you can assign one to only work with a specific track.

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook
by Jemusic on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:37 am
You would not have to identify or name them. The moment you connected two ATOM's I would imagine Universal Control would sort them as something like ATOM 1 and ATOM 2. Then you create 2 Instrument tracks and specify which one is inputing to each track. ATOM 1 going to Instrument track 1 and ATOM 2 to the other. So you should be able to set them so one is doing something different to the other.

What you would not do is leave both tracks set for ALL INPUTS. Then both ATOM's would input data to both tracks at once.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by stevenrose2 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:53 am
I am currently trying to make 2 atoms work in cubase with no luck. Other controllers do show up with subscripts as jemusic suggested but the atoms don't. I've opened a ticket with both presonus and steinberg. Nothing useful from presonus yet. They suggest I could open a feature request but have not confirmed that this is an issue for them.

Win 11,
CPU: Intel 13900k, MB: Z790, Storage: 6tb M2 4tb SSD, Ram: 32gb, 3 UAD cards, RME MadiFX and daughter card
Peripherals: 3 Antelope Orions, 2 SSL Sigmas, Dangerous 2buss LT, 2 Bettermaker EQs, Keys on USB: Sub 37, Pro 3, Hydrasynth, Behringer Arp2600, Cobalt8m
Various outboard processors connected in line.
Software: Studio One current version, Cubase, many soft synths, sample libraries, and plug-ins.
by Jemusic on Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:20 pm
Even without booting up a DAW, what do you see when both ATOM's are connected and you boot up Universal Control. Does it distinguish between them. eg ATOM 1 and ATOM 2. This may be something only Studio One can do eg separate the two ATOMS in terms of input sources.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1