6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I don't have an Atom Pad yet, but I am looking into getting one. Reading through the manual and watching a couple of videos I see that you can assign different functions to the bottom 8 pads while in Song Mode.

Now, humor me for a moment here, because, YES I DO understand that all of these functions I will ask about are already in the smaller transport section...

Can I assign the larger pads to PLAY, STOP, RECORD, UNDO and SAVE? One of the main uses I would get out of this is remote transport control on a small stand next to a vocal mic or close to my right hand while tracking guitar.

I would want larger, can't miss them, no need to press SHIFT access to these functions while recording away from my FaderPort 8 and/or keyboard/mouse.
Last edited by darrenporter1 on Tue May 12, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by Jemusic on Mon May 11, 2020 9:13 pm
I have just tested this for you and yes you can assign all the commands you want there onto those pads. I did and tested and all worked great. You can also assign colours to these pads too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by darrenporter1 on Mon May 11, 2020 9:39 pm
Awesome! Thank you VERY much for testing this out for me. I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on one of these then I think. I was on the fence between an Atom and a single-fader FP 2018, or even something like a Korg Nano, but I think I will get more bang-for-the-buck and more versatility out of the Atom since I can use it for... well... what it's intended purpose is as well. The FP would just be a whole lot of duplicate functionality since I already own the FP8. I know it would still make a very useful add-on, but I think Atom will be better for my situation.

by darrenporter1 on Tue May 12, 2020 11:27 am
Went ahead and bought one this morning... found a seller on Reverb from New York that sells a bundle with Atom and AKG k240 headphones for only $10 more than the Atom alone. I don't need another pair of headphones, but an extra $10 for a spare set of decent cans so people have options is a no-brainer!

by Jemusic on Tue May 12, 2020 6:35 pm
You certainly don't need the new single fader Faderport if you have got Faderport 8. That is for sure. I have got both and I am using the single channel Faderport with Ableton a lot more these days. Ableton and PreSonus have formed a friendship which is rather excellent in fact. Their building lots of Ableton functions now into Faderport. I find Faderport8 and ATOM make a pretty powerful combo. Yes some things overlap but then there are differences too.

ATOM has gots lots of other functionality as well as using the pads for the obvious things. Get into all the other functions it offers.

It does stay lit up though when your computer is off which some find a bit weird. Personally I have got mine on a USB card in a PCI slot and it does power down. You can get a USB switch for this if it bothers you. It will light up your studio! I am going to see of we can get it changed in a firmware update.

Make sure you have got the latest firmware in it too. Currently it is V3.4. The manual has been updated too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by darrenporter1 on Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 pm
Great info. Thanks for all your help.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1