5 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I installed everything including the Universal Controller and StudioOne 4.0 on my Mac. I plugged it in and everything seemed to work fine. I also played around with it using GarageBand a bit and it was fine. I didn't use it for a few weeks because I got frustrated with it.

I then installed Logic Pro to see if I liked using it with that and now it's all wonky. When it's plugged into my Mac all of the lights flash and cycle through different colors like it's at a rave. It didn't do that before. When I open up StudioOne the flashing stops and it works as it did before when using StudioOne. If StudioOne is not open it keeps flashing and does not work at all in any other DAWS. As soon as I open StudioOne and go to Logic Pro the lights turn off but i'm able to play instruments with it as if it works, but the pads are not lit up, even when I hit them. Only the buttons along the left and right are lit. It worked fine in GarageBand 2 weeks ago and the lights never flashed like this incessantly.

I don't know if this is an app issue, a driver issue, a Universal Controller issue or maybe a hardware issue. I installed the latest firmware through UC. Is there a way to reset the unit to factory settings.

Is anyone using a Mac that is having an issue with it like this? I'm new to these units so I'm NOT saying this couldn't be a user issue. I just wanted something to make programming midi drum tracks easier.
by spencerboston on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:34 pm
Mine did the same thing press and hold the round setup button and then press the number to pad at least a couple times all this has to be done while you're not in PreSonus while its
flashing
by jamesbarnes10 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:18 am
spencer boston your a savior man thanks it totally worked
by craigallen2 on Mon May 16, 2022 11:19 pm
Thanks so much for this thread and answer.
I just picked up a used unit and everything is flashing like a Christmas Tree. (Windows in my case).

So, yes pressing the "Setup" button and tapping Pad 2 made it stop flashing!

Any idea WHY it starts flashing?

Craig
by robertreid2 on Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:42 am
Hi Craig

Setup + Pad 3 is a colour cycle (demonstration) pattern - in the manual as Mardi Gras mode. I guess that was what the used unit was set to
Setup + Pad 1 is a drum pad / like colour
Setup + Pad 2 is a piano keys layout - the one you found

Rob

5 posts
Page 1 of 1