3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to record a drum pattern using the Atom and then set the tempo for the song from that drum pattern?

If so could you please tell me how? :D I'm sure it's possible and probably simple. I am new to this. :D

Studio One 4 Pro, Windows 8, 8gb ram, Atom
by Jemusic on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:38 pm
There is more than one way to do it. Assuming you are just punching out beats to no click eg free style.

One method is this approach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3bLgfl ... u.be&t=185

The other is Melodyne Essentials can also do it. Figure out tempo of a freely recorded beat.

Better method is to set Studio One's tempo to be right to start with. Just tap on the tempo number below the tempo setting by clicking your mouse for say 4 or 6 beats. Then Studio One will follow the tapping. There are plenty of free apps for your phone as well that will do tap tempo.

That way you then set IQ (Input Quantise) if you want and you already in the tempo to begin with.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by eltpowell on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:11 pm
Thank you for your help Jemusic. I appreciate it!

Studio One 4 Pro, Windows 8, 8gb ram, Atom

3 posts
Page 1 of 1