24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hi everyone,
I think this is related to 4.5 Studio One update but the Atom knobs are not assigned to Impact XT controls anymore. I tried to restart Studio One, to unplug ATOM and nothing changes.
Did you guys experience the same issue ?

Thanks
by Annibale Hexe on Tue May 21, 2019 10:53 am
I just opened an assistance ticket, here's what I've experienced :

"Since the 4.5 update, ATOM is acting very weirdly.
First of all, the knobs are not assigned to Impact XT controllers anymore.
Then, when I open an Impact XT instance, and load a preset, the colors don't match (instead I have the same colors for all the 16 pads).
Finally, if i load an impact xt instrument, and then i open another instrument (let's say Kontakt), if I arm Kontakt, Atom will have the right colors for Impact, and then if I arm Impact, I will have the colors in ATOM as if it was an instrument (Black and white keys / yellow and blue). "

ATOM just became unusuable...
by Jemusic on Tue May 21, 2019 1:56 pm
ATOM is completely normal for me. Knobs and all with 4.5. Just check when you have got Impact XT loaded at the very top right that ATOM is selected there in yellow. The update may have changed that. Mine was on ATOM before but was reset to Faderport. After resetting this to ATOM all is normal.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Annibale Hexe on Tue May 21, 2019 5:00 pm
No I have ATOM selected in yellow, but it's still not working...
by Bbd on Tue May 21, 2019 8:06 pm
After connecting ATOM, try right-clicking on a Impact knob and select the ATOM knob.

https://www.screencast.com/t/o5Z0VUNl4xTH

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by lestervandewalle2 on Wed May 22, 2019 3:49 am
Yup I'm getting the exact same problem...

I tried everything from settings to reinstalling drivers even did a full fresh install of studio one..

It freezes, the colors don't match, sometimes the transport controls etc. don't respond.

I reverted back to 4.1.4 and everything works perfect.

Also in ableton live the atom works as it should.

I asked in a facebookgroup and nobody seems to have issues there.. 😕
by chrisfocke on Wed May 22, 2019 4:50 am
Hey i've got the exact same problem !

I have also made an ticket for this issue.
I've tried anything , installed new firmware ..installed studio one again.

Nothing seems to work.

When i open 2 instances of Impact ..and then the Color paterns are matching Contra.

Very unusable indeed now :cry:

by Annibale Hexe on Wed May 22, 2019 5:31 am
It is very weird, now I have the knobs assigned (I didn't do nothing for it).
But concerning the other issue, I can clearly see that if I have two instruments (one of them being Impact XT and let's call the other one Instrument B), for ATOM they are inverted. When Impact is selected and armed, ATOM shows the instrument view, the colors and the behavior of Instrument B (I can see the notes playing); and vice versa, when I select Instrument B, ATOM shows the Impact-view, colors and behavior of Impact XT (with the notes playing).
by chrisfocke on Wed May 22, 2019 5:58 am
Yes here also .. its driving me crazy

by Annibale Hexe on Wed May 22, 2019 6:01 am
There's a new update in Universal Control, maybe it's a sign for a new ATOM firmware update...
by Annibale Hexe on Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 am
by chrisfocke on Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 am
Haha nopeee .. also installed that allready this morning ..changed nothing to the problems

by timoneronen on Wed May 22, 2019 8:40 am
Same problem here, I updated Atom firmware to 3.0, it is still broken.
by Annibale Hexe on Wed May 22, 2019 11:01 am
This issue has been logged with our development team. Please check future release notes to see if it has been addressed. If you would like to roll back to version 4.1.4, you can from within your my.presonus.com account under My Products>Software>Studio One 4. It's under View Previous Versions. Just uninstall 4.5 and install 4.1.4.

***To workaround the issue, you can turn off the monitor button and turn it back on after selecting a track. This will need to be done each time you select a track.

Here's the answer i got from the support team, I tried the monitor button solution and it's working.
by chrisfocke on Wed May 22, 2019 11:14 am
Yess just got the same answer , and yes i also did that with the Faderport ... turned "arm" on and off and then it was good.
So i guess we've got have some patience for the real solution since it's software bug.

But Uninstall and then install 4.1.4 is no option .. Because then you have to install every vst and all the programs again , right ?

by Annibale Hexe on Thu May 23, 2019 5:23 am
But Uninstall and then install 4.1.4 is no option .. Because then you have to install every vst and all the programs again , right ?

No, you don't have to reinstall anything, everything worked fine for me.
by chrisfocke on Sat May 25, 2019 1:29 pm
Annibale Hexe wrote

No, you don't have to reinstall anything, everything worked fine for me.

And did you first uninstall or installed the 4.14 version without installing ?

by Bbd on Sat May 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Just install the older version into a new named folder.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by chrisfocke on Sun May 26, 2019 1:31 am
Bbd wroteJust install the older version into a new named folder.

Thanks ! did that 8-)

by chrisfocke on Thu May 30, 2019 4:27 am
Update that fix all the issues is live !! :punk:

24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2