4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I would like to know if it is normal for a small beep (Coil Noise o Coil Whine) to sound when the unit is turned on.
I do not know if my unit has a DOA.
Someone can tell me. It is a small but constant beep.
Thanks.
by Bbd on Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:47 am
That is not common.
First thing to try is to replace your USB cable with another one.
Good USB cables can help shield noise from your computer system.
See if that helps.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, ATOM
by pablomosquera on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:39 pm
I have tried different USB cables. the noise is made by Atom himself, it does not computer. It's a very slight noise and it changes when I change the color of the Pads.
by Bbd on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:28 pm
The Atom by design does not make any noise. If you are certain you have a good USB cable, try unplugging other USB connected devices and see if the noise goes away.
If not, you should contact Support.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, ATOM

4 posts
Page 1 of 1