26 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hi, it is possible to change the sensivity of the knobs? because i have to turn them like 3 times to reach the 100% of a maped knob.

Thanksk for replying and sorry if my english is bad :D
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:43 pm
Your English is fine, I too would like to know about this. It seems you have to twist an insane amount to get it to move.

Bye......:roll:
by wisdomsong on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:42 pm
And when you stop turning the knob, the value on vst will change a bit more, as if the knob of the atom has inertia. It is very uncomfortable to use. The NI controller knob to go wherever I want.
by reggie1979beatz on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:37 am
I don't seem to be getting that here.

by reggie1979beatz on Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:56 pm
Actually, this became the number one reason I sold mine. I just couldn't get on with the slow throw controllers. In addition to the pads feeling stiff and a lack of presonus interest.

I got better drum control with my Nektar keys or my old "somewhat" faithful m-audio TFP (even with it's piss-poor drivers) and the velocity control just wasn't that great.

It works fairly well with impact xt but it was more of a toy than a serious producing tool. I'm kinda bummed. Now if I redo my sub I'll have no outside toys and that is ashame.

by Jemusic on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:00 pm
You should have kept your ATOM. It is a powerful controller. One should never sell something based on a hardware criteria as these things can change.

The latest version of Universal Control (V3) which is currently live for download features an ATOM firmware update. It fixes the controllers issue and puts them back to normal.

Update. Just installed Universal Control and there is an update for both ATOM and Faderport 8 as well. The rotary controllers certainly work different now on ATOM. I checked them prior to the update and yes you needed many turns to cover the normal range. It seems like they are very close to normal operation. They still take just a tiny but further to cover the distance but with the Pitch control for example the entire range is movable now from a single turn of the encoder knob.

I have got my pads triggering nicely too. With some fine tuning of the pad parameters I could get a nice sensitivity range out of them. I still like the deep level of integration with Studio as a pad controller. It is second to none in that regard. It makes an excellent remote control for Studio One on many levels. That and the new Faderport make an impressive combination. Both products are ideal companions for Studio One.

This is one of those situations where being a hardware and software manufacturer both together allows for nice products like these to be made and make the Studio One user experience completely different and much better.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by reggie1979beatz on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:24 pm
Nah, I'm glad it's gone. It was a toy compared to even my very old nektar 61.

They only thing I miss about it is the "fixed" button which was handy for loops and arpeggios.

The pads were also lacking in many ways.

I paid 129 for mine and sold it for 110. A nineteen buck experiment. Considering, it's not bad, but the controller was lacking in ways other than the knobs. But that was a disappointment and I can just wait for updates.

Don't get me wrong, it didn't suck it's just that I couldn't use it for what I wanted.

by Jemusic on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:20 pm
I also use Novation LaunchPad Pro but in controlling Ableton mode. For me that is a very different experience not only because of Ableton itself but the feel of it too. I have not got Launchpad controlling Studio One yet but I believe you can.

But I find ATOM works in harmony with Studio One and I find I am using it more and more. Not just for playing Impact XT either. Its other modes too. I like it in keyboard note mode and play musical scales and melodies. It makes you play differently that is for sure. I don't mind its pad setup with Impact XT either. I found you can get to very workable. And it does become quite creative especially using multiple banks in Impact XT.

The April issue of Sound on Sound is out already and they have reviewed it and given it a thumbs up basically.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by deniskkkkkk on Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:24 am
I still have low knobs sensitivity problem in Ableton Live Suite 10 and 11 these days.
It's not fixed and I can't find sensitivity setting in the Universal Control software, it must be here since it's one of the main things related to knobs.
Knobs are unusable, feels like rotating knob on 360 degrees changes only 10% of automation.

Universal Control 3.2.1.57677
Firmware: 3.40

Ableton 11, Reaper 6, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, 64Gb, Focal Solo6 BE + Sub6
Access Virus TI, LinnStrument, Novation Launchkey 37, Novation Zero SL Mk2, PreSonus Atom, UAD-2 Solo DSP
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier + Mesa 4x12 Slant cabinet, Godin LGXT, Gibson Studio, ESP LTD 1000, ESP LTD 1001
by reggie1979beatz on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:29 pm
This is just the way it is. No filter sweeping with this :lol:

There is a new firmware update but I can't see any changes. I had one, sold it (partly because of this reason) and then bought it again. I just knew this time around about the limits.

by klypeman on Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:07 pm
@denis
you should update your ATOM firmware by downloading the new UC and installing.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by deniskkkkkk on Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:44 am
klypeman wrote@denis
you should update your ATOM firmware by downloading the new UC and installing.

Yep with updated UC I can see the firmware update now, didn't though it works this way.
Anyway I've updated the device and now seems like knobs sensitivity has acceleration which results us to have very low precision.
Is there any way we can have it without acceleration and configurable sensitivity parameter somewhere in options?

Access Virus TI, LinnStrument, Novation Launchkey 37, Novation Zero SL Mk2, PreSonus Atom, UAD-2 Solo DSP
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier + Mesa 4x12 Slant cabinet, Godin LGXT, Gibson Studio, ESP LTD 1000, ESP LTD 1001
by klypeman on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:43 am
@denis
I suggest that you read the manual to see what options there is if not done so already.
The UC is drivers only.
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... 102020.pdf

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by deniskkkkkk on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:17 pm
klypeman wrote@denis
I suggest that you read the manual to see what options there is if not done so already.
The UC is drivers only.
https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... 102020.pdf

hey klypeman, I checked the manual and UC - there is nothing about knobs sensitivity/acceleration.
any chance we can have some setting for it? like on/off acceleration and sens value..

by PreAl on Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:58 pm
I would create a support ticket.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by klypeman on Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:44 pm
at least it’s faster now...
try to turn it slower ?
Sorry that’s all I could think of.....

Forum Moderator.

by deniskkkkkk on Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:26 am
klypeman wroteat least it’s faster now...
try to turn it slower ?

Faster or slower it's unusable while we have no control of it.
Imagine driving a car having a rudder (steering wheel) with acceleration, how will you like it? you will crash within next turn.

How to open a ticket for this case?

by PreAl on Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:29 am
deniskkkkkk wrote
try to turn it slower ?

Imagine driving a car having a rudder (steering wheel) with acceleration, how will you like it? you will crash within next turn.

I have a similar issue with the original faderport one and panning through the project timeline.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by klypeman on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:40 am
To open a support ticket see below (red text)

Forum Moderator.

by klypeman on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:43 am
PreAl wrote
deniskkkkkk wrote
try to turn it slower ?

I have a similar issue with the original faderport one and panning through the project timeline.

I advise you to open an own thread on your issue.
Thanks.

Forum Moderator.

26 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2